At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate Experienced Strategy Analyst, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our Amsterdam Office and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
In a nutshell
The role of a Experienced Strategy Analyst at Picnic is versatile and changes based on your team and the projects you are involved in. We have more than 150 Analysts in all teams across 3 countries and you can grow by collaborating on complex projects, moving into different teams, or even to different countries.
The team you’ll join will be determined during the hiring process and will take into account your interests and goals as well as where we think you would be best suited. The areas in which you could be a Data Analyst at Picnic include Commercial, Distribution Operations, Fulfillment Operations, Growth & Acquisition, Product, and Tech. You’ll communicate with multiple stakeholders in the Netherlands, Germany, and France.
What you’ll do
You’ll work on a wide range of exciting projects, which, depending on your team, might include:
- Perform analyses on our store assortment and products ranking
- Perform fleet analyses and capacity modeling
- Develop algorithms and operating procedures to spot damaged products before they leave the warehouse
- Demand forecasting: Develop forecasting models to predict future customer demand
- Develop cost-benefit analyses to design a scalable cloud infrastructure that fits our automation projects
- Onboarding program: Develop gifting and communication strategies to maximize engagement and retention of new customers
- Determine the impact of improving our planning and routing algorithms in our supply-chain systems
- . . . and many more projects!
Take a look at two of our projects in Strategy & Analytics: Picnic plays it cool: a data-driven cold chain for groceries and Finding Product Alternatives at Picnic!
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering (e.g. Industrial, Production, Space, Mechanical, or related), Statistics, Data Science, Analytics, Physics, Supply Chain, or Logistics Operations
- 2-5 years of experience in fields such as (but not restricted to) technology, supply chain, or consulting, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- You can tackle complex challenges with a data-driven, people-oriented, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Your communication skills allow you to convert abstract plans into digestible information for your team
- You have worked with SQL and Python or are excited to learn
- Your mentoring and coaching skills help to bring your team to the next level
- Your sharp business sense and conceptual thinking abilities mean you can look beyond the obvious to come up with fresh and innovative ideas
- You are fluent in both verbal and written English
You’re still wondering if this is the right role for you and you’d like to hear more about the role? Send an e-mail with your CV to our recruiter Cristina (email@example.com) and ask her for a short call together in order to get more insights before actually applying. (Please make sure that you fit the requirements in the “About you” section and that we can only count applications via the form below as valid).
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact. Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches, as well as snacks and drinks—enjoy!
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials. There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self.
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Benefits for expats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many expat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow)
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.