Are you a front end or web developer looking for challenges? Do you get excited about running experiments in order to establish causation and optimize towards key metrics? Does the idea of joining a multi-disciplinary agile team excite you? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As a Web Engineer on the Experimentation team, you’ll work closely with Engineers, Designers, and Analysts to optimize our conversion funnel and explore ways to accelerate how Thinkific users find value. You’ll spend your time deploying small to medium tests within the current architectures of our marketing website and onboarding funnel, and also have an open mind for testing and adopting new growth patterns. We have a highly engaged company that cares deeply about customers, and we do that by asking the right questions of the data to inform how best to serve them.
In this role, you will:
- Write code: sometimes in pairs, sometimes individually, but always remembering the minimum viable product required to validate a hypothesis
- Work closely with other Experimentation Engineers, Designers, and Analysts to spec experiments
- Do what needs to be done. You’ll spend most of the time building experiments on our website—but you’ll sometimes flex your other skills in order to deliver insights and results, which can range from writing copy to synthesizing cohort data to implementing 3P apps
- Share the results of experiments at various meetings, presentations, and Town Halls
- Triage and fix bugs as they arise
- Perform code reviews for your fellow Engineers, in addition to taking responsibility for leading the QA process for your own code
- Collaborate across other departments to support development requirements
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 3+ years of experience in a front-end role, or demonstrate a strong grasp of experimentation and front end development
- Have 1+ year(s) of experience actively working on developing growth or product experiments
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of WordPress and WordPress theme development
- Understand Git and GitHub and source control concepts
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the comfort to say no when asked to work on something that has less impact on objectives
- Show the desire to work in a collaborative team-based environment
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Possess an understanding of the marketing funnel, from awareness and acquisition through retention
- Thrive with growing responsibility and autonomy—no one will be looking over your shoulder as you’re solving how to test a hypothesis.
- Believe that shipping at 80% after 1 week is better than shipping at 90% after 2 weeks
- You believe that better solutions are achieved via collaboration rather than independently
- Continually improve by investing time in learning about new technologies and methods of rapidly building viable features
- Effectively manage communication and opinions on a project in order to bring it across the finish line
- Comfortably lead a decisive meeting involving senior folks from other teams
- Are creative in developing quick and effective solutions to projects
- Have experience with analytics tools like Mixpanel or Google Analytics
- Previously worked with testing tools like Optimizely or Google Optimize
Bonus points if you:
- Are comfortable working with relational databases and SQL query languages
- Have familiarity with Ruby on Rails and React applications
- Previously worked with statistical tools in R, Python, or SAS
- Have worked on open-source projects or delivered presentations at Meetups or conferences in the past
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!