HubSpot’s CEO, Yamini Rangan, has said that #1 risk to customer-centricity is siloes. HubSpot prides itself on being a customer-first company — and this requires that our go-to-market functions work perfectly in sync. That’s why HubSpot is hiring a marketing and communications expert. We need to drive alignment between our external marketing to customers and partners, our company strategy, and internal communications for our growing, global Customer Success (CS) team.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving our CS communication strategy. You’ll need to connect the dots between the strategic vision for HubSpot and CS with both internal and external messaging. You’ll go deep on CS strategy, support the CS leadership team, and help ensure that our front-line representatives are engaged in that strategy. You’ll also be deeply embedded with Customer and Partner Marketing to ensure that message is pulled through to external campaigns and events.
Our ideal candidate will be an individual who can make an impact across the company and is a self starter and team player. Someone who is an executive communications pro and has remarkable writing skills. These skills are a must! You’ll help to drive change, establish and implement processes around a vision, and do the work to execute toward that vision.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Establish a communications process, cadence and operating model for the Customer Success organization
- Work with CS leadership to craft their communications strategy and own execution of that strategy for our EVP of Customer Success and his four direct reports.
- Distill information about HubSpot and CS strategy, as well as Customer & Partner Marketing efforts, and connect that information to the day-to-day operations of our front-line representatives
- Own narrative development, scripting and presentation development for numerous internal and external events
- Support the CS executive team via numerous avenues, including FAQs, external thought leadership and social media presence, presentations and internal blog posts.
- Ensure the CS strategy perspective is represented in our external customer and partner marketing efforts
It’s likely you have:
- Worked with C-level executives to support their communications efforts before
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills – you enjoy writing, whether it’s for an internal email, an external event script or a LinkedIn post
- Visual storytelling ability and experience crafting narratives for internal and external audiences
- A track record for developing processes that improve internal and external communications
- Experience working with a partner and/or customer community before
- A global-first mindset – Experience supporting cross-functional organizations and/or employees that span multiple offices, regions and cultures
- A customer-first mindset and a passion for solving for the customer
- Are fascinated by the challenges of growing companies and are motivated by their success
- Bonus: Have worked in Customer Success or Customer Marketing
- Bonus: Graphic design skills
- Bonus: Experience with HubSpot products
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
In September 2021, the US government issued new federal vaccine guidance that certain government contractors must adhere to. HubSpot is a covered federal contractor and so, based on this guidance, our US-based employees are required to be vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination, by January 18, 2022. What does this mean for you as a candidate? It means that if you were to join HubSpot, you would need to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022 or by your hire date (whichever is later) to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. HubSpot will consider and review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.