Aha! is the world’s #1 roadmap software. We help more than 5,000 companies build lovable products and be happy doing it. Our company is self-funded, profitable, and has been entirely remote since we started in 2013.
Aha! finance is a growing, fully remote team that is highly productive. We are centered around North American time zones so we can collaborate during the workday.
- We continually improve: We are always working to improve our processes and do exceptional work.
- We are forward-looking: We stay on top of new accounting and tax requirements and are continually adapting to change.
- We move fast: We respond to requests internally and with customers as quickly as we can. Because when we do, we have the best chance of creating the most value for everyone.
- We collaborate: We each have unique experiences and skills and work closely together.
- We have fun: We care deeply about our teammates, always making time to celebrate, support, and laugh with each other.
- We enjoy: We like what we do. And we want you to love your job too. Learn more about The Responsive Method, our company values, and the generous benefits we offer.
The finance team is responsible for a variety of day-to-day tasks and larger initiatives. As a small team, we all have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects and we love to help each other learn and grow. We also directly support our customers with billing and tax-related questions.
Aha! is growing all the time, which means our team is evolving quickly. We keep up with ever-changing regulations and are continually establishing new and better processes to ensure long-term success. We do our planning and collaboration in Aha! Roadmaps. We stay meaningfully connected with the use of Slack and video calls. (Email? Rarely.)
You have at least five years of experience working in finance or accounting and possess strong knowledge of accounting standards. Working in complex spreadsheets excites you and finding the perfect formula to solve a problem makes your day. You are humble, kind, and always willing to help others learn as well.
You are exceptionally detail-oriented and use your strong planning skills to produce excellent work. Delivering on your commitments is important to you and you are known as someone who gets meaningful work done. And you know that money is not the only asset that makes a business go.
Your work at Aha!
We work on a broad range of finance initiatives and programs. Your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the month-end close process by completing key journal entries and reconciliations
- Assisting with accounts receivable by owning early stage collection efforts and recording customer payments
- Processing payroll and ensuring all tasks are completed accurately and on time
- Assisting with accounts payable by collecting and coding invoices as well as reviewing financial statements for accuracy
- Processing employee expense reimbursements
- Continually seeking to deepen your accounting expertise and skillset
- Maintaining the privacy and security of Aha! financial data
If this seems like what you are looking for, we would love to hear from you. (A real human reviews every application.)