We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you a passionate finance professional looking for a fast-paced and rapidly growing SaaS business to make a meaningful impact on? Can you take the lead on strategic projects and implement finance systems while empowering your peers? For you, it’s not just about numbers, but also about transforming the future state of finance through systems and processes. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Finance Operations Lead at Thinkific, you will drive change throughout our Finance and Legal functions by improving, implementing, and maintaining Finance and Legal systems, tools, processes, and operations. You’ll work cross functionally with accounting, reporting, FP&A and investor relations and play a key role in increasing the value the team provides to the business.
In this role, you will:
- Implement and manage systems and technologies for accounting, analytics, and reporting tools, as well as integrations with other systems used by Thinkific
- Design and optimize processes that will scale alongside the organization as it continues to grow, with an emphasis on leveraging technology over human intervention
- Lead and support strategic initiatives that will affect the Finance team
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance function including creating policies, procedures, and standards and implementing general IT controls
- Deliver project management discipline and display strong project leadership and management skills
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of progressive experience in an accounting or finance function
- Be knowledgeable in project management methodologies and have a proven track record of successfully leading, delivering, and implementing technology projects on time and on budget
- Balance being organized, resourceful, and detail-oriented with being efficient
- Display both strategic focus and the ability to dive deep into a project or subject when required
- Effectively deal with ambiguity and change—you consider yourself an agile person and can pivot when needed
- Demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical and detailed information to non-finance professionals—you speak business, not numbers
- Know how to propose, develop, support and lead operational initiatives
- Exhibit collaboration skills and the ability to drive enterprise-wide change through relationship building
- Adeptly and effectively build consensus, resolve conflict, and build teams—you’re an expert in these areas and can share this knowledge and experience onto junior team members
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Have previous experience implementing and managing finance systems, while being an integral part of a finance management team
- Are passionate about accounting best practices and keeping up on current industry trends
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience overseeing, managing, and coordinating the successful execution of ALL finance operations
- Possess an accounting designation (CPA) in good standing
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!