In the 1950s, global trade changed for good. The invention of the standardized container suddenly meant that transporting goods across the world became affordable. And with that, paved the way for globalization and global wealth. But contrary to the container, most surrounding processes have not been standardized nor innovated—and are still frustratingly complex, manual, and error-prone.
That’s why our ambition is to use technology to simplify the logistics of global trade, making the processes around the container as simple as the container itself. We do that by providing a neutral infrastructure that connects all logistics companies to remove friction and create economic opportunity.
Financial Accounting – Working Student (f/m/d)
As our Financial Accounting Working Student, you will be assisting the team with various financial activities that support ERP implementation. You ensure smooth and timely processing and identify areas for improvement and optimization. You will help to facilitate a finance-conscious mindset across the company. For that purpose, you will be working directly with other Finance employees at xChange.
You will need to be analytical, structured, and a team player, who is attentive to details on the one hand, but also able to prioritize when working towards finance deadlines. Additionally, integrity, a practical “can do” mindset, and good communication skills are some of your key strengths. Practical expertise in bookkeeping is preferred and qualification in accounting is beneficial.
Your responsibilities in a nutshell
- Performing a range of data cleansing activities on historical invoices to customers.
- Assisting with the invoices to vendors process: collecting the invoices, reviewing, correctly recording in accordance with VAT codes, and allocating them to accounts and costs centres.
- Performing preparatory activities before the ERP (NetSuite) implementation, such as extracting and cross-checking data and preparing data for the migration. Review the data migrated to ERP and perform testing activities.
- Helping with bank reconciliation for the amounts paid to vendors.
- Assist with quarterly reporting and month close activities.
What we’re looking for
- A good understanding of best accounting practices and principles
- Ideally some practical experience in accounting and bookkeeping
- Ability to be accountable and make clear decisions
- Preferably experience using an ERP system
- Self-starter attitude with a high personal drive – you are excited about being a part of rapid growth and not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Fluency in English (Knowledge of German is a plus) 😊
What we have to offer
- Ownership from day one! You will have full responsibility and creative freedom to bring your ideas to life
- A dynamic and international team with ~65 nationalities across our fast-growing 300+ team members & extremely flat hierarchies
- A highly scalable product with a proven product-market fit ready to change the industry & do something good ❤️
- A great working atmosphere with an open-minded and collaborative culture—plus a team of highly motivated & enthusiastic colleagues who can´t wait for you to join
- A fast-paced work environment and complex intellectual challenges from day 1
- Great location – our office is in the city center of Hamburg!
- Goes without saying: Flexible home-office rules, regular team events, and of course a wide variety of fruits and drinks in the office 😉
- All employees become shareholders in xChange
Sounds like you? We’re looking forward to your application