Data-driven companies win. Mode provides the tools to make companies data-driven. Data analysts quickly answer business questions using data in a comprehensive, cloud-based toolchain. Business users can understand and explore their company’s data in our world-class visualization product. By serving both analysts and business users, Mode provides the complete solution for data-driven companies.
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for company wide forecasting and budgeting activities, operational approvals, and financial reporting.
The Financial Analyst will create and maintain financial models and provide insights based on trends. This role will enable Mode’s growth by being a key partner to budget owners and executives. The analyst will perform budget versus actuals reviews, provide operational analyses to each department, and ensure proper financial controls are in place.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with functional department leaders to budget, forecast and execute plans from concept to post. You will model business scenarios and track performance against KPIs
- Create and report KPIs to enable Mode’s leaders to get ahead of challenges
- Become the “Go-To” person and subject matter expert in financial statements, cost, budgets, and related KPIs
- Identify opportunities to accelerate revenue and reduce costs by developing detailed revenue models based on KPIs and cost models based on headcount and vendor-level data
- Be the point of contact for executive questions on budgets, BvAs, and headcount requests
What we look for:
- You are a self-starter who knows how and when to deliver: you produce high quality work efficiently and accurately; while maintaining a keen sense of prioritization
- A passion for using data, both quantitative and qualitative, to inform decisions
- Financial analysis experience, either from a high growth technology company, investment banking, or management consulting
- Excel and financial modeling experience. Able to provide recommendations based on data insights and trends.
- Understanding of financial concepts and accounting principles; experience with software or SaaS business models
- Alignment with Mode’s values
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team’s passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.
Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
The compensation range for this role is $50,000-$77,050 to be determined by level. #BI-Remote