Mobile-first is still a hot business and Float is committed to maintaining it’s foothold as Mobile Learning Experts. We define learning in many different ways and with the needs of front-line, executive and remote workforces today, efficient learning, training and communicating are vital to any organization’s success. At Float we are more than just a design and development firm, we are human-centric in every way and that shows in our team as much as it shows in our creative, elegant enterprise-level applications.
About the Position:
Float is looking for a DevOps Engineer to work remotely as a key member of an established and growing diverse team. Our DevOps team maintains custom work for our enterprise clients as well as assisting with our new SaaS platform, SparkLearn. The DevOps Manager is responsible for these roadmaps and ensuring the community within the DevOps team is engaging, enjoyable and striving for professional and personal growth. The DevOps Manager is expected to foster best-in-class culture adhering to the core values of Float and mentoring direct reports.
What to Expect
You can expect a friendly, hardworking and collaborative environment that encourages autonomy but relies on knowing when to communicate. Your contributions to Float will make a positive impact on our culture, with our clients and within the success of our platform.
- Monitoring client applications and environments and responding to issues as they arise and escalate when needed
- Working to continuously evolve our infrastructure and IaC by designing, building, and maintaining our technology stacks
- Maintaining, grooming, and improving observability systems – monitoring, alerting, logging, and error tracking
- Maintaining, grooming, and improving CI/CD processes
- Working closely with developers to understand the nuances of the applications and services – scaling, reliability, and availability needs, performance points, and integration points with the underlying infrastructure
- Working closely with clients to perform security audits on their environments
- Aid in ensuring the security of our cloud infrastructure, data, and internal services
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Git
- Experience with CI/CD practices
- Strong grasp of automation/configuration management
- Prior experience in software development is a plus
- Certification in cloud services is a plus
- 1-3+ years working with cloud technologies
- 1-3+ years of systems administration
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Community Service Opportunities
- Professional Development & Training Opportunities
About the Company:
Float is an award winning design and consulting firm that has been building mobile-first products making workforces more effective. Human-centric UI/UX design combined with deep understanding of how users learn on mobile devices drives our mobile development. We help organizations succeed by harnessing the power of mobile learning through bespoke platforms and our enterprise level application, SparkLearn.
Our Core Values:
As a vibrant company that puts equal weight on work-life balance and community engagement, Float strives to ensure each team member feels confident in themselves and their coworkers within these 5 areas:
What these mean to us is as vital as what they mean to you.