We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Do you have a unique ability to find unique fraud patterns and know when to raise the alarm bells? Do you love building something from the ground up and continually improving it? Do you enjoy working on robust fraud detection and prevention systems? You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Fraud Analyst on our Payments team at Thinkific, you will be our frontline defense in vetting course creators, monitoring their performance, acting as a feedback conduit to our internal systems, and most importantly, being a champion for our course creators while maintaining our risk requirements. The essence of a Fraud Analyst is to be effective while remaining invisible, creating the least amount of friction for the entrepreneurs and organizations using Thinkific.
In this role, you will:
- Execute the creator underwriting process and work to ensure creator compliance and adherence to requirements
- Drive the fraud rate and loss down by consistently reviewing suspicious account activities, spotting trends, and identifying links to deter fraud attacks
- Champion the chargeback dispute resolution process by gathering supporting evidence and disputing the chargebacks, with the aim of higher successful wins while remaining invisible to course creators
- Influence the development of risk procedures by creating new processes and refining existing ones
- Become a subject matter expert in assisting our Support team on any risk or fraud related requests
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Bring 3+ years of fraud review, analysis, and prevention experience
- Exhibit excellence and efficiency in handling disputes and onboarding reviews in a timely yet effective manner
- Bring an innovative approach in identifying and handling risk
- Are a process expert—you have a methodical approach to developing new processes and can identify how to improve existing ones
- Provide delightful interactions and a great experience for our creators
- Implement rigor and focus to achieve high accuracy on reviews, minimizing false positives and false negatives
- Display the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Possess a keen eye for identifying fraud patterns and deterring them. You know when to raise the alarm bell and how to work towards stopping fraud attacks in a timely manner
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have experience with data analysis and creating reports
- Possess familiarity with platforms and languages such as Mode, Tableau, and SQL
Bonus points if you:
- Are working towards or have already achieved your Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Financial Risk Management (FRM) certification
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!