We’re on a mission to make work better for everyone, everywhere. We empower people to thrive at work, without creating more work for them.
Who we are:
We’re an action management platform that makes it easy for organizations to improve their morale, engagement, and performance—every single week. At Humu, we know that all great things start small, which is why we give people the exact step-by-step support they need to reach big goals.
We are looking for passionate collaborators who are excited about building a product that empowers people to improve themselves, and the teams around them.
As a Freelance Translator, Dutch, you will work directly with the Localization Manager and join a team of translators localizing Humu into 20+ languages. You will play an integral role in setting the voice and tone for Dutch at Humu and ensuring we speak to our global customers in a way that feels local and adapted to them.
We are looking for someone who is an expert in their language and is comfortable adapting the source text so that it feels natural in their language (transcreation encouraged!). You are familiar with the recent trends in writing for diversity and inclusion and can apply that knowledge to your translations.
What you’ll do:
- Establish and maintain a glossary and style guide for Dutch
- Working with one other translator, translate & edit Humu’s content into Dutch, in particular our Nudges (small, personalized coaching moments that an employee receives in the flow of their work) and our User Interface (initially, ~40,000 words over 2-3 months)
- Ongoing translation and review work of ~5,000 words/month once Dutch is launched
- Periodic Linguistic Quality Assurance (LQA) of translated content in-context, fixing linguistic issues and reporting non-linguistic issues
- Native fluency in Dutch and business proficiency in English
- Experience with translation management systems / computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools
- 3+ years of experience translating, copy editing, or similar
- Comfortable working in tandem with another translator and sharing and receiving translation feedback
- Bonus: Experience with human resources; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and/or behavioral change content
This is a contract role.