RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain; as a Public Benefit Corporation, we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
The IDE team builds the core of the RStudio ecosystem: the RStudio IDE, in both desktop and server variants; your work will directly impact millions of users. Data scientists use our tools to build R and Python applications used in the fight against COVID-19, in academia, business analytics, research, and anywhere data is important. We are passionate about creating the world’s best software for professional data science. We fundamentally believe in open source software, and our team is active in the RStudio and R communities.
About the job:
In this position, you’ll work with world-class developers on a senior-heavy team, with lots of opportunity to learn.
You are a UX developer with the design skills to imagine great user experiences, and the developer skills to build them. You’ve built web applications using modern development tools. You have high standards for visual design and strong user empathy. You share our commitment to building great software, and you have an appreciation for clean code that is easy to understand. You have:
- Proficiency with Java is highly desirable
- Html, css knowledge
- Curiosity, and a willingness to learn
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching / retirement plan matching in some other countries
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- A profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.