The largest business and financial news site in the world, with unrivaled access to data, insights and original editorial content.
- Serve as Yahoo Finance’s point person for the public presentation of finance.yahoo.com during the hours of 4AM ET to 9AM ET (subject to change)
- Monitor news flow and make sure that finance.yahoo.com reflects the best version of Yahoo Finance in any given moment
- Communicate story ideas across the newsroom to coordinate coverage as other editors sign on each weekday
- Support various aspects of Yahoo Finance editorial, including: editing, writing, data, distribution, push alerts, newsletters, and general quality control
- Provide editorial quality control to social graphics, text on uploaded video, original content, special projects, and more
- A passion for reading and distributing financial news
- At least 3 years experience working as an editor at a media organization
- Strong framing and headline writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong copy editing skills
- Strong news judgment for making real-time decisions
- Track record of success in a fast-paced newsroom and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- Comprehensive understanding of editorial best practices and style guides
- B.A. preferred or equivalent job experience
- Editorial SEO knowledge is a plus
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.