About the Role
We are looking for a senior engineer to join the Vault Insights team and focus on building a service to provide monitoring and usage of Vault clusters. You will help prototype, design, and implement features to discover and surface trends from multiple data sources that will help customers enhance the security posture of Vault.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our team and help build the foundation of Vault Insights. You will have the opportunity to lead and foster the culture of learning through iterative improvements and strong collaboration.
This role will be a part of the Vault product engineering team at HashiCorp.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with design, product, infrastructure and other stakeholders to build the core features of Vault Insights
- Contribute to the design and implementation of UI components to handle large scale datasets
- Own the full lifecycle of the development, all the way from design, testing and release
- Work with backend engineers on API’s spcs and implementation
- Participate in our cross-team frontend working group while deepening your knowledge as a subject matter expert
- Help contribute to the Vault by providing code review, mentorship, and support to HashiCorp employees, community members, and partners
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
- Be familiar with web accessibility standards and inclusive design principles
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems
What is our hiring process like?
The below serves as a basic outline; we may choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with an Engineering Manager.
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel:
- Code Pairing interview.
- Code Review interview.
- Communication and Collaboration interview OR Product – Engineering interview.
- Systems and Architecture interview.
- If applicable, a final conversation with the Engineering Manager for the team you would be joining.
About the Application Process:
Please note, as collaboration and communication are a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate.
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
We operate according to a strong set of company principles described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We’ve had a remote-first culture from the beginning. Our entire company, processes, and tools have been designed around this to ensure everyone is able to be successful from wherever they work. Learn more about how we work together.
We are dedicated to supporting the needs of our employees and their families in a way that is inclusive of all family structures. We’ve an extensive and generous list of benefits (which vary by country) to cover things such as parental leave, mental health days and assistance, medical insurance, and more.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency calculator. Information on our benefits can be found here. Intern ranges can be found here.