At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Why join this team:
To build award-winning software used by millions of students and educators. Join a team of talented engineers working together to solve complex problems using state of the art technology.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will impact millions of K-12 students with your contributions to our award-winning software service.
- You will design, develop, and deliver rich experiences using React, Redux, and related frameworks on web & mobile interfaces.
- You may occasionally make enhancements to the java-based service
- You will work closely with agile team members, product owners, and user experience designers to understand requirements and deliver technical solutions.
- You will contribute to resolution of complex software problems as they arise.
- You will help evaluate and recommend technology, tools, and frameworks to build a compelling experience across multiple operating systems, devices, and browser types.
- You will partner effectively with all team members in delivery against commitments.
- You will work with a wide variety of AWS technologies.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are passionate about producing clean, maintainable, robust, well-tested code.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and have a track record of past project achievements that demonstrate great results.
- You have 3+ years of experience delivering web and mobile applications, with focus on frontend development.
- You have working knowledge of responsive design, HTML5 and CSS.
- You have experience working with react.js, redux, and related frameworks.
- You have good understanding of E2E Internet application architecture including browser concepts, HTTP, REST, Security and database concepts.
- You care about quality, performance, scalability, reliability and maintainability.
- You develop automated tests and conduct code reviews to ensure software quality.
- You work well in an agile environment and are committed to team success.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field; or, equivalent work experience.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience with building services and APIs with backend frameworks, especially Java and associated open-source frameworks
- Experience with educational software.
More about this role:
Location: Billerica, Austin, or Remote.
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.