ClassDojo’s goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
As a full-stack engineer at ClassDojo, you’ll help build the systems that will support our rapid growth. You’ll work on production code from day one in a pair programming environment, deploy often, move quickly, and have your work used by millions of students, teachers, and parents around the world every day. In addition, you’ll help us further develop our high-quality engineering culture, one that values rapid iteration, collaboration, and best practices. Our code is heavily tested and deployed daily, and we’re serious about building a world-class engineering team.
You might be a good fit if:
- You’re excited to get things done, in a fast-paced environment
- You have an ownership mindset: you are comfortable with both responsibility and accountability
- You’re thoughtful about creating and maintaining a world-class engineering culture
- You work well in teams and enjoy collaborating with engineers, designers and product teams
- You enjoy working in a pair programming environment
- You are passionate about education and care about having impact on tens of millions of kids’ lives with your work
- You’ve used Node and/or React at scale
- You’ve worked with MongoDB or MySQL
- You have DevOps experience, especially on AWS
- > 7 years of professional software experience
- Americas timezones
 Some more context:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.