About Wurl, Inc.
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue.
Full Stack Engineer (Remote):
In this role, you will be a key member of the Wurl engineering team building the platform responsible for retrieval, curation, and scheduling of managed media into 24/7-linear channels and VOD deliveries.
- Shape and revolutionize the future of streaming TV
- Build innovative, market-leading technologies to help content companies and streamers succeed
- Participate in a 100% open environment where everyone is encouraged to share ideas, big and small
- Learn, share, and grow in a leading company within a rapidly accelerating industry
- 3 years of complete software lifecycle experience, including design, architecture, and implementation of software features
- Experience with JSON API-level interface, and GraphQL
- Experience using modern web technologies and network transports (WebSockets, Redis)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documenting software design and process
- Working knowledge of software engineering design principles and processes, including Test Driven Development
- Working knowledge of engineering fundamentals and best-practices such as git-flow, pull requests, code reviews, SLAs
- Experience with Agile Scrum
A plus if you have:
- Experience using client-side state management tools like Redux and Apollo Client.
- An understanding of the W3C Media Source Extensions and the video tag.
- Knowledge of video delivery standards (HLS, MP4, RTMP, DASH, MRSS, MP-TS, RTMP)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.