Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking an experienced full stack Software Engineer who excels at React frontend development and has an aptitude for backend—ideally Golang—development to join the Engineering Growth team. You’ll be designing, developing and delivering critical features to expand Mattermost’s user base and usage.
- Own the end-to-end design, iteration, development, testing, and release of new features to support Mattermost’s product growth
- Implement, analyze and deploy A/B tests for experimenting feature impact on performance metrics
- Work seamlessly with product managers and designers to understand, define, and improve product requirements
- Write thoughtful and high quality code in React and Go
- Develop unit and end-to-end test cases
- Provide quality code review feedback to peers and community members
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools to solve emergent challenges
- BS in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience as a full-stack software engineer with a user product focus
- Experience developing and interacting with Restful services
- Back-end experience with Go or related technologies
- Familiarity with relational databases, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Excitement for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Ability to work independently in an asynchronous team environment
- Passion for communicating clearly, concisely and correctly: whether it’s code, documentation, or even just a post in Mattermost
- Experience with automation frameworks like Cypress
- Experience with A/B testing frameworks like Split.io
- Working knowledge of cloud native applications for Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed application systems using HTTP, WebSockets, RPC, pub/sub at scale
- Comfortable with Docker, GitHub, Jira, CircleCI
- Experience working in open source communities.
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia – Bangladesh – Brazil – Canada – Chile – Colombia – Finland – Georgia – Germany – Greece – India – Ireland – Mauritius – Mexico – Norway – Pakistan – Philippines – Poland – Portugal – South Africa – Spain – South Korea – Turkey – Uganda – Ukraine – United Kingdom – United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!