Responsibilities: A day in the life of a Full Stack Developer
- Having ownership over the code and being able to make crucial decisions
- Reviewing and testing your teammates pull requests
- Keeping the code simple (no React/Vue/etc unless absolutely necessary)
- Managing servers and DevOps related tasks
- Working with Elixir, Phoenix, Heroku, Postgres, Turbolinks, Stimulus.js, and more
- Monitoring and supporting 24/7 applications and services
- Willingness and ability to travel (Hackathons, conferences, etc)
Ideal Experience and Skills:
- Organized, independent and self-sufficient
- Good understanding of application architecture
- Web architecture knowledge
- React knowledge preferred
- Developing and consuming APIs
- You’re comfortable writing ES6+
- You know the difference between class and prototypal inheritance.
- You’ve built NodeJS applications and are comfortable working within the ecosystem.
- You’ve interacted with APIs and database systems (SQL, NoSQL).
- You have general familiarity with React.
- You have experience working with blockchain technology (e.g. wallets, escrow, multi-sigs) and protocols for p2p networking, storage, and communications (IPFS, libp2p)
- Experience actively contributing to open-source projects and knowledge sharing
- Working with UNIX / Linux based operating systems
Nice to Have OR Bonus Points:
- Experience and/or interest in cryptography
- Fluency in other languages (Python, Go, Java, C++)
- Familiarity with blockchain technology and passionate about the prospect of decentralized technologies
- You frequent meet ups and are comfortable speaking to a community of developers
- You have experience working within true agile environment
- Experience working in a start-up culture
- A willingness to help out where needed – regardless of the scope of your role
- An understanding of the Blockchain and Ethereum ecosystem, with an interest and curiosity to learn more