dotCMS is seeking a skilled and experienced Full Stack Java Developer to perform in-house consulting work for customers on the dotCMS web content management system. You will participate in all steps of software development on customer projects, including requirements gathering, project development, documentation, QA support and software maintenance. You will collaborate with other development staff to develop and maintain high quality web applications, integrations, and plugins within the dotCMS platform and stack.
We’re proud to be 100% remote! dotCMS has been fully remote for over a decade and as an employee, you may work remotely from any location that is compatible with standard U.S. business hours. Please note that we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time. Additionally, this is a full-time role, and we are not accepting part-time contractors or C2C candidates.
- 5+ years of J2SE/J2EE web development experience in a professional work environment.
- 5+ years experience using an IDE such as Eclipse, VSCode or Intellij
- 2+ years of customer-facing experience in a technical role.
- Experience developing OSGI plugins.
- Experience with multiple Java common frameworks and libraries. For example:
- Spring Boot
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS.
- Solid grasp on relational database modeling and design.
- Demonstrated Unit, Integration and regression testing skills.
- Experience with Docker or other containerization platforms.
Preferred Additional Experience
- Development of CMS and /or Portal Systems
- Adobe Experience Manager
- Debugging Java web applications.
- Developing web services in REST.
- Handling/parsing XML and JSON documents.
- Application deployment on Tomcat and Linux platforms.
Your Compensation. We offer competitive compensation that allows you to make a great living for yourself and your loved ones. Full time employees are also eligible to share in the success of our company through our equity package.
Your Team. We are a humble, competitive, and small vendor making waves in our industry, and you will be part of a team that has your back. You never walk alone! We are a diverse and distributed team, and we offer annual company paid training and development to our employees.
Your Voice. Your voice matters to all of us, and we appreciate your opinion as we scale our company to the next level in an open and transparent environment. We will periodically update the entire team on business performance and strategic initiatives and offer the stage for an entrepreneurial-minded professional to produce key initiatives that help to move the needle.
Your Benefits. We offer a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan with 100% monthly premium coverage for employees. Additionally, we also offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave, STD and LTD.
Your Office. We are a 100% remote work company. We value you as an individual, team member, and professional. We can only expect you to deliver high-performance with the right amount of You-time, therefore you will be a full-time contract employee who can enjoy an unlimited PTO policy and a generous amount of paid company holidays.
dotCMS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.