TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
TaskRabbit’s Marketplace Infrastructure team is responsible for our architecture that powers the end to end experience for users in our two-sided managed marketplace across web and mobile. This team is responsible for the client foundation that enables engineering velocity and quality across the product engineering organization. They are also responsible for maintaining and improving frontend developer processes such as our Design System and Design Patterns.
As a Software Engineer on the Marketplace Infrastructure team, you’ll get to build features and improvements for our web platform. You’ll be an important member of the team, proposing creative solutions, de-tangling the complex into the simple, and collaborating closely with teammates across product and engineering. Our engineering team uses React.js on the web frontend, React Native for our mobile applications, and Ruby on Rails in the backend. We’re looking for people who are comfortable and interested in working with a little bit of everything.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Collaborating with engineering, design, and product management to conceptualize new infrastructural features and improvements for our client-facing code
- Contribute to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other approaches
- Invest in the documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Help solve debugging, testability, and deployability problems
- Collaborate across teams to promote consistency
- Improve stability and consistency of existing and new backend & frontend code
- 3-5 years of experience, comfortable working independently (this is a remote position)
- 2+ years of professional experience developing with Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years of professional experience developing with React.js or similar JS framework (React Native is a plus)
- Experience building API-driven applications or endpoints
- Understand how to organize code across the stack: what belongs in the frontend, what in the back
- Familiar with automated testing and JS build and packaging systems like Webpack and Jest
You might be a fit if you have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy helping organize and scope high priority projects and plans to keep us moving forward
- Have a great attention to detail and quality
- Experience with Design Systems and tooling such as Storybook
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.