Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
Disruptive Games is looking for a Technical Game Designer fluent in Unreal Blueprint who can work closely with gameplay engineers and designers alike to prototype, iterate, and publish both efficient tools and gameplay systems. The end goal is to enhance the horsepower of our designers so they can spend more time being creative, making great games, and less time fighting technical gotchas.
What You’ll Do
- Design, script, rapidly prototype, iterate, validate, and improve game systems to create amazing gaming experiences
- Use Unreal Blueprint to develop and publish tools for the design team to use — updating and providing documentation for these tools to keep them easily usable
- Proactively identify redundancies and opportunities to improve workflows, in-game performance, blueprint systems that can be promoted into code, and the overall quality of the game
- Share knowledge, maintain relevant documentation, mentor designers to increase their technical proficiency, and promote blueprint best practices
- Regularly play the game, providing constructive feedback to other members of the team
- Uphold our company values and participate in interviews to build out the design department
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of game development experience
- Completed at least two full product cycles on prominent game titles
- Fluency in Unreal Blueprints to rapidly prototype and test the feasibility of game design concepts and game systems
- Experience in Multiplayer/Online game development
- Self-motivated and eager to contribute in many different areas of development
- Ability to work autonomously and push features to completion
- Avid Gamer, with a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of games and a passion for multiplayer games
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related degree
- Fluency in C++ or C#
- Development experience on PC and Console
- Shipped at least 1 game with online features
- Experience supporting a live service title
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.