ClassDojo’s vision is to give every child on Earth an education they love. We’re doing this by connecting communities of teachers, children and families, and then giving them learning experiences their children love. This means ClassDojo is a consumer network, and grows like one; we are already serving communities at massive scale: last year we served 1 in 20 children in primary school in the world—52 million children—with a team of just 55. The communities we serve love and adore ClassDojo (see what they’re saying); our Net Promoter Score is usually in the 70s and 80s.
As our Game Producer you’ll deliver ClassDojo’s engaging experience for kids, leading our development process. You’ll work hands-on with our co-founder and our internal game studio to design and deliver exceptional experiences for 50 million+ kids that motivate them to learn, using an iterative process. Your responsibilities will include:
- Set the standard for an interactive world that 50 million+ children around the world will experience, and ensure your team upholds and exceeds this standard
- Develop and manage processes to optimize workflows within the team
- Oversee the user experience of our mobile games, taking an active, hands-on role in helping to develop, maintain, and refine the UX.
- Collaborate on and ensure quality game design
- Determine resourcing needs and make them happen
- Help identify opportunities for improvement in the team’s operations
- Help to ensure accuracy of specs, scope, schedule, and budget
- Ensure high quality execution of all deliverables
- Help foster inter-department collaboration.
- Lead, guide and inspire the team, including defining goals, standards, processes
- Research, explore, and communicate best practices, and discern which ideas are most effective
- Collaborate cross-functionally, working closely on the end-to-end game development process with designers, artists, engineers, community and everyone else on a tightly knit team
- Blend creativity with methodical testing and balancing.
- 5+ years experience leading game production teams, including shipped titles—ideally from pre-production through launch and live ops
- Proven ability to think conceptually and broadly about a project, game and brand as a whole
- Demonstrated experience building and leading a development team to an extremely high level of achievement
- Expert understanding of game design
- Exceptional standards for quality and good taste
- Experience managing projects, priorities, and deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication
- Temperament to move faster than most reasonable people believe is possible; an instigator
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience in a company with a high-quality culture
- A great passion for games, understanding of the casual market and ability to think out of the box — plus, knowing what makes a good game.
A Y Combinator/Imagine K12 company, ClassDojo’s long-term goal is to give every child on Earth an education they love. The ClassDojo app is the #1 communication app for micro-communities of K-8 teachers, children and families globally; they use it to stay connected, sharing what’s happening through the school day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. The company is now helping kids get learning experiences they love, beyond school. Today, ClassDojo is used by 95% of pre K-8 schools in the US, as well as in a further 180 countries.
You can read more about our vision to change education from the ground up here: https://medium.com/@samchaudhary/https-medium-com-samchaudhary-how-to-change-education-from-the-ground-up-f82b8f3e4b95.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount: https://blog.ycombinator.com/its-surprising-how-much-small-teams-can-get-done-sam-chaudhary-of-classdojo/. Our team is made up of talented, motivated, intense and interesting people from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education, as well as from leading consumer internet organizations like Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that is pioneering the future of education, and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
We strongly feel the best way to do this is to work with people from diverse backgrounds that truly reflect the world. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We hire both locally in San Francisco, and distributed teammates around the world.
If you’re interested in pioneering the future of education at massive scale, we’d love to hear from you.