ClassDojo’s goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
As our Game Producer you’ll deliver ClassDojo’s engaging experience for kids, leading our development process. You’ll work hands-on with our co-founder and our internal game studio to design and deliver exceptional experiences for 50 million+ kids that motivate them to learn, using an iterative process. Your responsibilities will include:
- Set the standard for an interactive world that 50 million+ children around the world will experience, and ensure your team upholds and exceeds this standard
- Develop and manage processes to optimize workflows within the team
- Oversee the user experience of our mobile games, taking an active, hands-on role in helping to develop, maintain, and refine the UX.
- Collaborate on and ensure quality game design
- Determine resourcing needs and make them happen
- Help identify opportunities for improvement in the team’s operations
- Help to ensure accuracy of specs, scope, schedule, and budget
- Ensure high quality execution of all deliverables
- Help foster inter-department collaboration.
- Lead, guide and inspire the team, including defining goals, standards, processes
- Research, explore, and communicate best practices, and discern which ideas are most effective
- Collaborate cross-functionally, working closely on the end-to-end game development process with designers, artists, engineers, community and everyone else on a tightly knit team
- Blend creativity with methodical testing and balancing.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 5+ years experience leading game production teams, including shipped titles—ideally from pre-production through launch and live ops
- You have a proven ability to think conceptually and broadly about a project, game and brand as a whole
- You have demonstrated experience building and leading a development team to an extremely high level of achievement
- You have an expert understanding of game design
- You have exceptional standards for quality and good taste
- You have experience managing projects, priorities, and deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- You have clear, concise verbal and written communication
- Your temperament is to move faster than most reasonable people believe is possible; an instigator
- You have the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- You have experience in a company with a high-quality culture
- You have a great passion for games, understanding of the casual market and ability to think out of the box — plus, knowing what makes a good game.
 Some more context:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.