The HubSpot Product team is passionate about building tools that help small and medium-sized businesses market, sell, serve their customers, and ultimately grow better. We build for more than 100,000 customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our team has scaled rapidly over the past few years, and our need for empathetic, adaptable, and remarkable product leaders has grown in kind.
If you’re a product leader (VP, GM, Director) who’s excited to take the helm of a massive, multi-million dollar business line that is competing in large high growth markets, we want to talk to you.
Our product leaders have a few things in common: they are strong visionaries with previous success in defining a strategic roadmap, delivering a business plan, and positioning product in the market successfully. They are able to work autonomously, lead transparently, and they prioritize product and people over strict processes.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be responsible for leading a market-leading product line in a high growth space. Leveraging HubSpot’s core technology platform, you’ll work with your teams and teams across the organization to build compelling software that’s both powerful and easy to use.
- In addition to the foundational product management requirements, you’ll also be responsible for the growth and monetization of your area of the product. This will include working on pricing and packaging as well as formulating strategy on launches and product marketing positioning
- Have a deep focus on understanding our customers and making their experience personalized and better
- Represent HubSpot and your Product in the public arena, serving as the voice of your Product at conferences and events, online, and with potential business partners
- Collaborating with other product leaders on all matters that impact the Product team, including resourcing and building broader product vision
- Lead product development teams through coaching, empowering, hiring, and retaining talent
- Create and foster diverse teams and an inclusive culture
- Setting objectives for teams that help align product development with key goal metrics for the business
- Craft your Product story and deliver to internal stakeholders, while also creating alignment with the other product Hubs, cross functional partners, and Executive leadership
- Identify new external partnership and acquisition opportunities based on a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and our customer’s needs
- Partnering with engineering, designers, and broader UX to build software that’s useful, useable, delightful, and solves real customer pain
What We’re Looking For
- Proven product management experience at a GM, Product VP/Director, or start-up equivalent level
- An in-depth understanding of SaaS economics (freemium models would be especially interesting)
- Tested ability in influencing and aligning business leaders and executive levels
- Ability to establish clear priorities
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- An obsession for understanding and improving user experience
- Depth in coaching and leading successful product teams
- The ability to build trust, respect, and empathy
- Proven ability to foster a sense of team and mission
- Success developing strong working relationships across the organization, from the tech leads and the individual contributors who report to them, to the product managers and designers their reports work with, to their peers & the executive team
- Someone who gets candidates excited to take on new challenges and be part of the product team
- Someone who can add to the culture of the product team and cares about diversity, inclusion and belonging
While our product teams are based in Boston and Dublin, we’re open for this person to spend at least a portion of their time working remotely. If you are looking to tackle big problems alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people you’ve ever worked with, HubSpot might just be the place for you.
If you’re a Product or General Manager leader of any level or experience, and if this resonates with you, let’s talk. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.