GetThru is hiring a Technical Support Associate to join our Support team. Our team provides clear, helpful, and kind support to our clients to assist in their important work to organize in politics and education.
In this role, you will help our ThruTalk and ThruText clients resolve product issues via email and live chat. You will also work closely with our product and technology teams. We provide support to our clients seven days a week, and shifts start as early as 9 am Eastern and end as late as 12 am Eastern. You will be working five days a week with our great team so schedule availability and flexibility are essential.
This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to one of our Support Leads.
What you’ll be doing:
- Triage and respond to incoming requests for information and assistance through emails and live chat
- Work with technology systems and various tools to manipulate data and diagnose issues
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of support documentation, user guides, and training videos
- Process and manage work requests for ThruTalk
- Assist in identifying proactive support opportunities and trends
- Respond to client information requests (e.g., total usage, troubleshooting)
- Ability to process information, triage, and decide priority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including phone, web chat, and screen-share communications
- You know you would excel at collaborating with a fully remote team
- Be a person who asks for help and is committed to continual improvement
The following skills are nice to have, so please be sure to note them in your cover letter if you have them:
- Experience with a formal triaging system
- Experience of using a dialing and/or texting program at any level. Experience with ThruTalk or ThruText would be an asset! We have found that this experience leads to understanding of what our clients are trying to achieve, and how they realize it!
- Experience working on or with political campaigns
- Experience with technical and customer support, training, and documentation or related work
While experience matters, we care just as much about work ethic, creativity, determination, and shared commitment to progressive ideals, customer service, and maintaining a high standards workplace.
GetThru’s mission is to empower organizations to connect authentically with their audiences at scale while building a sustainable company committed to progressive social change. Our tools have been used by more than 2,000 organizations to send over 1 billion text messages and make more than 500 million phone calls for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, fundraising, polling, and more. In the 2020 election cycle we helped propel several of the highest-profile Democratic campaigns in the nation to victory, along with plenty of progressive state and local candidates.
We are an all-remote company with 40+ full time staff spread across the US and Canada. Prior to the pandemic, we had a once-yearly all staff retreat, and held semi-annual in-person team meetings (e.g., sales, support, development). And while our roots are in progressive politics, we love partnering with organizations of all kinds that share our passion for creating a better world.
About Our Team
Our Support team is committed to bringing our clients the best customer service and user experience possible. We pride ourselves on solving problems in a friendly, yet efficient way. We value teammates who communicate how they would want to be spoken to. We are a female-led operation, and we share a commitment to promoting diversity in the technology field.
This is a remote position. You will work from anywhere in the U.S. as long as you have good internet and the work gets done!
- $58,240 base salary
- Additional compensation via participation in profit-sharing pool
- Participation in employee stock option pool
- 401K + employer match that begins on or after 3 months of employment
- 100% health / dental / vision coverage for employees, 75% for dependents
- 3 weeks of vacation time per year
- Additional benefits: ergonomic stipend, monthly wellness stipend, parental leave, charitable giving match
GetThru provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology startups to apply. We value diversity because we think a team with a wide range of experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. Further, our clients are leading advocates for equity and justice, and we want our team to reflect the communities we are working to support.
How to Apply
Please apply by going to Technical Support Associate Application. In your cover letter, please explain why you want to work for GetThru. Tell us what experiences make you a good fit and why you are excited about this job in particular.