GetThru is hiring a Billing and Collections Manager to ensure the successful execution of our billing operations and client communications. You will manage the preparation of invoices as well as the process of collecting and recording payments from our company’s clients. This is a client-facing role so you will be responsible for providing excellent customer support, including proactive communication about current and past due balances.
In your role as Billing and Collections Manager, you will also be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of our financial operations and recommending areas for improvement. You may also manage special projects that contribute to the success and growth of our Finance function.
You will be a part of the People & Operations team, reporting to the Head of People & Operations.
GetThru’s mission is to empower organizations to connect authentically with their audiences at scale while building a sustainable company committed to progressive social change. Our tools have been used by more than 2,000 organizations to send over 1 billion text messages and make more than 500 million phone calls for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, fundraising, polling, and more. In the 2020 election cycle we helped propel several of the highest-profile Democratic campaigns in the nation to victory, along with plenty of progressive state and local candidates.
We are an all-remote company with 40+ full time staff spread across the US and Canada. Prior to the pandemic, we had a once-yearly all staff retreat, and held semi-annual in-person team meetings (e.g., sales, support, development). And while our roots are in progressive politics, we love partnering with organizations of all kinds that share our passion for creating a better world.
Who you are / who will love this job
A finance professional with previous A/R experience who can manage end-to-end financial transactions
A people person who enjoys talking with customers and can navigate potentially tricky conversations
A numbers enthusiast who enjoys digging into financial data and creating reports
A problem solver who enjoys tackling new challenges and finding creative solutions
What you’ll do
- Prepare product usage data and client invoices for a monthly billing cycle
- Respond to client inquiries and investigate and resolve client billing issues, in collaboration with other departments as needed
- Process incoming payments, including weekly data entry of physical checks received, in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Manage our internal collections process by tracking, organizing, and analyzing A/R data
- Conduct outreach to clients via phone and via email to facilitate payment of past due balances while further investigating billing issues
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Conduct financial analysis and reconciliations, as needed
- Serve as liaison to external billing and collections vendors
What we’re looking for
- Prior professional experience in an A/R role with a solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Prior professional experience in a customer-facing or client-facing role
- Ability to process numerical data with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work relatively independently, but also collaboratively with a team
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of ownership and confidentiality
- Comfort working with QuickBooks Online and Google Sheets
- A shared passion for creating a better world
- If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter. We care as much about work ethic, creativity, curiosity, determination, and values alignment.
GetThru is an all-remote company with employees spread out across the country. Work from anywhere in the U.S. as long as there is good internet.
$55,000 to $70,000 base salary, depending on experience
Additional compensation via participation in profit-sharing pool
Participation in employee stock option pool
401K + employer match that begins on or after 3 months of employment
100% Health / dental / vision benefits for employees, 75% coverage for dependents
3 weeks of vacation time in year 1 and 2, with increases thereafter
Additional benefits: ergonomic stipend, monthly wellness reimbursement, paid parental leave, charitable giving match
GetThru provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology startups. We believe that a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. And we strive to build a team that reflects the communities we are working to support.
Please apply by going to: Billing and Collections Manager Application
In your application, please submit a resume and brief cover note that explains why you want to work for GetThru. Tell us the causes you are connected to, what experiences make you a good fit, and why you are excited about this role. This position is open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com