Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
As the world leader in search-based solutions, we are empowering some of the most successful companies to solve their greatest data challenges. Elastic is building our next generation, C-Level focused global accounts (GAM) program and is looking for the linchpins of this initiative: top performing global account managers. The GAM program is focused on our top industries and customers and will bring transformative change to both Elastic and our customers.
Elastic GAMs will prospect, qualify, pursue, and close opportunities in assigned global accounts. The right candidate will develop trusted advisor level relationships with senior executives and other important decision makers and influencers and will utilize these relationships to establish Elastic as a preferred partner and create new business opportunities. They will identify account needs and create compelling business cases for Elastic solutions to those needs and they will be responsible for creating deal strategies and orchestrating deal team efforts to progress opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- Driving Sales Strategy – Deep understanding of the customer decision maker’s strategies, priorities, needs and organizational structure. Develop effective and specific account plans to ensure revenue target delivery and balanced growth. Develop relationships in new and existing customers and demonstrate to drive strategy through organization
- Building Trust – Establish positive relationships based on knowledge of customer requirements and dedication to value (value of counsel and expertise, value of solutions, value of implementation expertise). Actively understands each account’s strategic growth plans, technology strategy and the competitive landscape
- Providing Account Leadership – Create & maintain actionable account plans to guide develop strategies and identify new business opportunities. Lead account relationships, persona profiling, and sales cycles. Effectively utilize in region and cross-functional resources to satisfy global account customers and win new business opportunities
- Articulating Elastic Use Cases Aligned to Customer Initiatives – Map key capabilities and use cases of Elastic to customer budgeted initiatives. Align use case and customer potential ROI, as well as headline messaging to drive forward use cases from pipe to close.
- Leading Business Planning – Develop and deliver a comprehensive business plan to address customer’s priorities and hurdles. Use value justification, benchmarking and return-on-investment data to support decision process
- Conducting Pipeline Planning – Follow a well-adapted approach to maintaining a rolling pipeline. Collaborate with support organizations including marketing, alliance partners and channels
- Demonstrating Elastic Proficiency – Be proficient with a working knowledge and understanding across all Elastic products and solutions
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 12 years’ sales experience with enterprise software sales for a high-growth company
- Strong history of progressively improving B2B sales of high technology solutions, including progressively higher quota achievement and diversity
- Experience selling to, influencing, and becoming a trusted advisor to C-level executives at Global 2000 companies on seven-to-eight figure opportunities
- Existing network within nominated accounts and associated industry verticals
- Superior value-based selling, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership of search and advanced machine data analytics
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships globally within accounts and across the company
- Ability to develop and implement the strategy that drives customer partnership, revenue growth, and retention
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.