Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Global Operations Manager.
- Mandatory: +3 years of experience as People Operations Manager or similar role
- Good To Have: International Payroll experience
- Have a desire to develop international payroll expertise
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take own responsibility
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus
As an empathetic, client-oriented problem-solver, the Global Operations Manager will contribute to all the struggles that a quickly-growing startup has. Primarily:
- Setting up Remote’s Operations in different countries
- Negotiating and establishing relevant partnerships with service providers that will guarantee the success of our international operation
- Onboarding & Training our In-country partners to Employ
- Serve as a point of contact between internal teams and in-country partners on all payroll inquiries
- Remain up to date with international payroll laws/regulations
- Along with other Global Operations Managers reviews and guarantees standardisation of GO-related processes across all Regions
- Manages existing relationships with payroll and benefits service providers
- Supporting the Customer Success team on Customer’s Onboarding
- Executing international roll-out of Remote products and services
- Identify automation opportunities
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up
Check out https://remote.com/countries to see which countries we are operational in.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You’ll report to: Director of Global Operations
- Team: Global Operations
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members
- Interview with area VP
- Interview with a founder
- (async) Offer
- Reference calls
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don’t forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there’s a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!