Preferred time zone: EST
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 60 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. The products and services are focused on employer branding, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names. We are a profitable and fast-growing organization looking for talented, self-directed individuals who combine technical know-how with excellent People skills and technical knowledge on employee well-being and engagement programs.
We’re looking for a contract Global People Partner (HRBP) to join our People Team and support a number of departments within Stack Overflow, for a 6-8 month contract. The Global People Partner is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management for our global Sales and Customer Success teams. This position reports to the Director of Global People Partners and serves as a consultant to management on people-related strategy and issues. The Global People Partner is a cross-functional partner in developing and executing an inclusive talent strategy focused on performance, engagement, retention, and mobility, while leveraging workforce insights and analytics to drive business results.
What you’ll do:
- Provide a full range of HR solutions to multiple teams, including our global Sales and Customer Success teams, serving as an employee champion and change agent.
- Work with business leaders and line management to develop and execute on people strategies aligned to short and long term business objectives.
- Communicate business needs proactively within the People Team, seeking to develop integrated solutions to solve for complex business issues.
- Proactively work with department heads and lead discussions around performance management, succession planning, career pathing, learning and development, and talent management initiatives for assigned business teams.
- Ensure employee relations and performance management issues are addressed quickly and appropriately, including the facilitation of workplace investigations and implementation of progressive performance processes as required.
- Partner across all functional areas to bring HR solutions to business clients that drive employee engagement, culture, and retention.
- Implement HR programs, policies, and processes in partnership with others in the People Team that promote and foster diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging.
- Develop, train and present on HR programs and initiatives to managers and employees (e.g. during business all hands meetings).
- Lead semi-annual performance management, 360 review, compensation review, and goal setting processes for assigned business client groups.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to facilitate talent brokering and workforce planning initiatives in conjunction with hiring managers and business leaders.
- Work in conjunction with the Learning & Development team to assess business needs and capabilities and develop programs and offerings to address gaps and opportunities.
What you’ll need to have:
- Initiative, drive, and ability to champion ideas with strong influence to successfully and independently implement people programs and strategies.
- Experience conceptualizing and implementing value added programs to the business (i.e. change management, career pathing, etc.)
- 10 years of progressive HR experience with a minimum of 2 years as an HRBP for Go-to-Market teams (namely Sales and Customer Success).
- A strong understanding and experience working with multiple human resource disciplines, such as organizational development, employee relations, performance management, and local employment law.
- Experience working with a dispersed and remote workforce.
- Strong business acumen with prior experience working in an HR Business Partner and COE people delivery model.
- Broad understanding and practical HR experience in multiple HR disciplines including: Employee Relations, Leadership Development, Performance Management, Employment Law, Organizational Development & Design, and Compensation Planning.
- Proven successful ability to build, lead, and integrate effective and lasting people management projects and programs within a business.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Global experience (specifically prior UK and EMEA experience) is preferred.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams). While we’re generally very flexible on working hours, living and working within GMT-7:00 to GMT+2:00 time zones (US through Europe) is required for scheduling and interaction with your team. We also believe in a strong work-life balance and are focused on making sure you have a positive work experience, in-office or remotely.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.