Remote, United States, Global PR Team, Full Time
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About the Marketing Team:
The Marketing team at ConsenSys drives commercial outcomes for the company across its product suite, and grows the total addressable market through developer relations and community development. Our team has a passion for blockchain-based software, developer communities, financial technology, and decentralization.
About the Role:
As Global Public Relations Lead (Corporate) you will:
- Develop ConsenSys’ corporate public relations strategy, creating campaigns and tactics that help meet key business objectives for ConsenSys
- Create and manage PR calendar for key corporate-level press releases.
- Maintain ConsenSys’ media list and relationships with journalists covering tech, web3, and crypto.
- Produce press releases, place comments, and write bylined articles for ConsenSys and highlight the sector expertise of our spokespeople.
- Manage the ConsenSys press office including responding to media requests, pitching, facilitating and preparing spokespeople for interviews.
- Manage our external corporate PR agency.
- Work closely with the Director of Content and Communications to align the global PR strategy with the broader messaging strategies and content calendar.
- Ensure communications are adapted to local audiences, reflecting diverse values, culture, and languages.
- Monitor media coverage and trending topics in the developer, fintech, blockchain and cryptocurrency space and track coverage of ConsenSys and its products.
- Monthly and quarterly PR reporting.
- 10+ years working in PR and media relations
- Experience in the web3 or blockchain sector preferred.
- Experience with building and managing PR relations collaboratively with c-suite executives.
- Proven track record designing and executing successful global PR campaigns.
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Experience managing crisis communications situations.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively and can adapt to a dynamic and evolving international workplace.
- Good understanding of ConsenSys’ products and target audience.
- Collaborative and eager to build strong and trustworthy relationships, both internally and externally.
- High level of autonomy and professionalism.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in the blockchain industry.
- Familiarity with the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Additional language skills.
Don’t check all of the boxes? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes in our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.