Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We use modern development practices to build software, streamline infrastructure, and train others through exposure to our teams. We have earned a reputation with our clients for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We extend these values to our strong relationships with contractors, partners, and employees because we believe this is fundamental to doing great work.
Truss was named one of the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies for 2021. All Trussels enjoy full benefits, generous PTO, 401k match, a co-working budget, a kindness budget, and company-wide transparency around salaries and career leveling (view the Truss Leveling Guide). We have been a remote-first organization since our inception and are passionate about work-life balance, building diverse teams, and practicing radical candor.
As a Government Sales and Business Development Lead at Truss, you will support and execute federal and commercial win strategies that advance Truss’ business goals. This includes conducting market and competitive analysis, generating new leads, building relationships with client decision-makers, and capturing opportunities that advance our strategic objectives.
The Sales and Business Development Lead will refine and manage our capture process (e.g., identify, qualify, and send fully qualified opportunities through the proposal process). This role will lead effort(s) for winning new clients for Truss using various federal procurement vehicles, direct sales, lead generation, and request response while collaborating with technical, operational, and financial colleagues during the proposal process. These partnerships with subject matter experts across the company help maintain deal momentum with the goal of getting to award on qualified opportunities. This is a unique opportunity to join a relatively new, high-impact team, within a collaborative and dynamic environment.
The Government Sales and Business Development Lead will join a small, but growing team. As an individual contributor, you will work with Truss colleagues to help guide newer team members as the practice continues to grow. The ideal candidate will possess an equity and inclusion mindset as it applies to business development, team makeup, opportunities, mentorship, and building our sales opportunity funnel. This role will be expected to uphold Truss’ values as they work with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate and execute sales opportunities.
The salary range for this position is $137,000 to $173,500.
THE SKILL SET
- Strong understanding and prior experience in federal sales and business development tactics, and various contracting vehicles and structures.
- Managing and executing contract deals of at least $1 million.
- Tech background with an understanding of modern, agile software development.
- Experience performing research and competitive analysis to inform and convert prospects.
- Effective time and project management skills with the ability to prioritize work assignments.
- A willingness to seek differing opinions, ask for help, and take on challenges outside your expertise with a bias for action.
- Experience with consultative selling collaborating with a team to close deals or prior experience in consulting.
Within 1 month you will…
- Learn the business and what makes selling unique at Truss.
- Shadow sales prospecting and business development calls.
Within 3 months you will…
- Have a solid understanding of the business (what we do, how we do it, what makes us unique)
- Assist with market research response submissions, and to the sales process.
- Identify and recommend workflow or structure recommendations to streamline the sales proposal process.
- Identify conferences, events, and other networking opportunities to showcase Truss’ capabilities to engage prospective clients.
Within 6 months you will…
- Lead at least one formal sales proposal functioning as the capture manager.
- Actively contribute to the overall sales and business development strategy.
- Lead meetings with new prospective clients to identify sales opportunities and close deals.
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Truss is a federal contractor and as such must adhere to executive order 14042 for the Covid Vaccination mandate regarding federal contractors. Upon employment, Truss will request proof of vaccination. If a medical or religious accommodation is needed, a discussion can be held with our People Operations department.
** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 and other events – we’re experiencing it, too. During video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids, and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little…harried. It’s OK if you are, too – we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **