Team: Client Services
Reporting to: Group VP
Estimated Start: September 2021
Location: REMOTE – Anywhere, US
Work Authorization: This role is open to US Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s the role
We’re looking for a Group Account Director, Paid Media to join our Client Services team, lead omnichannel strategy, and be excited about contributing to new business pitches!
Tell me about the company
Brainlabs is an experimentation-led agency famed for its world-class company culture. We seek to create an environment where everyone is excited to come to work and contribute to our two-fold mission:
- to change the future of digital advertising
- to build the best company to work for
For more info why not take a look at our company handbook and our employer pledge which sets out our aim to be remarkable in diversity and inclusion, team spirit, client work, career progression, and fun.
Give me a breakdown of what a Group Account Director, Paid Media at Brainlabs does:
Client management responsibilities:
- Measured on revenue retention and growth and client satisfaction scores for a book of clients
- Day to day management includes overseeing client services, monitoring capacity of team, overseeing profitability of accounts
- May lead one priority account
- First point of escalation on clients and solve client-specific challenges, including contract specific inquiries
- Implement and/or ensure responsibility assignment matrix is created (e.g. RACI) for all clients under management for effective delegation, internal and external communications, and project management
- Creates the systems to ensure QA process and test & learn methodologies are executed regularly
- Effectively manage capacity by assigning team members to clients and re-allocating client assignments when necessary
- Recognise opportunities, threats and risks and carry out or assign actions to minimise client threat and maximise client opportunities
- Coordinate business reviews, including preparing team to present confidently
- Develop relationships with senior client contacts, discussing business updates, getting feedback etc.
- Have a view of the big picture performance to goals, ensure the client knows about successes, and ensure innovative pieces of work are being carried out
Leadership and management responsibilities:
- Manage up to 8 direct reports and mentor indirect managees utilizing a strengths-based coaching approach
- Models strong leadership including alignment to company priorities and philosophies, effective stress and emotion self-management, as well as a positive and patient demeanor with the team
- Cultivates an atmosphere that embraces diversity and inclusion within the team and agency
- Actively participant in wider company initiatives including, but not limited to new business pitches and internal marketing efforts
- Creates cohesive account teams, communicating team goals and providing constructive feedback
- 3+ years hands on experience trafficking campaigns in ad serving and rich media tools like Campaign Manager, Adobe DTM, Sizmek, Flashtalking, Innovid, etc.
- Be a source of knowledge and advice – when it comes to what services BL can provide, cross selling opportunities, wider industry knowledge, case studies, best practice updates etc. and proactively make suggestions
- Responsible for communicating both internally and externally on anything relating to cross-product strategy and execution
- Hold internal strategy planning sessions with account team and align strategy across channels
- Work with team to provide updates on existing cross-sell opportunities via CRM, from opportunity to close
What talents and experience would suit this role?
- Minimum of 5-years hands-on digital marketing experience, including an in-depth understanding of PPC planning, implementation and performance analysis
- Minimum of 3-years management experience
- Proven track record of success meeting client KPI’s
- Strong management, leadership, and delegation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency of paid media platforms
- Proven organizational, project, and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbally, with the ability to provide actionable insights for all levels of an organization
- Possess keen critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office and/or Google Business Apps, especially Excel or Google Sheets
- Demonstrated alignment to our company values
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities. More specifically, our equal opportunities and diversity monitoring data indicates that we under-represent BIPOC ethnic groups, so we actively encourage applications from BIPOC candidates.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!
When you apply to work at Brainlabs, we may use your application data to make employment decisions, but your data will not be distributed or used elsewhere unless you are hired as an employee. All applications ask for your consent to allow us to process your personal data. However, you have the right to withdraw your information at any point by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.