VEED.IO is an online video editing platform that makes creative videos easy and accessible to all. Our platform is used by millions of creators around the world who use our products to tell stories, create content, grow audiences and more (hey, you might even know some of them!). Since we started VEED in 2018, we have grown much faster than we could have ever imagined. We are now one of the most popular video editing applications in the world. As our user base grows so does our talented team and we would love you to be part of that journey.
We really believe that the best candidates typically don’t think of themselves as just engineers but rather view themselves as makers. This means not being afraid of working on something you have never done before, have a broad set of skills you are always looking to expand and most importantly you thrive in an environment where there is lots of freedom and original thoughts are welcome and rewarded.
What you’ll actually be doing:
- You’ll be working closely with the Head of Growth, focusing on engineering and hiring. Building the team for a product that impacts millions of users.
- You’ll be giving your opinion and providing a technical perspective on all decisions within Growth.
- You’ll work with key leaders in setting the hiring priorities, executing on them to unlock high priority, high impact company initiatives.
- We currently have little structure in Growth within VEED. You’ll be painting on a blank canvas.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop a vision and roadmap for Growth at VEED into the future.
- You’ll be collaborating with product, engineering and research teams on a daily basis.
- You get to create and paint your picture for what a world-class growth team should look like at a fast growing startup through VEED.
We do know that not everyone fits into boxes, and we are all constantly learning. However, here are a few things that we are looking for:
- You must be a full-stack engineer, with the opportunity to become unofficial CTO of the growth team.
- You have experience shipping fast, reliable, real-time applications for startups using modern development technologies.
- You build hypotheses, test, analyze, and execute growth experiments.
- You will take ownership by setting metrics and goals.
- You are empathetic with customers, and have a keen sense of the user.
- You will unlock the potential of VEED’s growth technology and the teams who leverage it.
- You will be the subject matter expert in marketing and growth technology; understand our existing platform landscape and how to optimize it.
- You are passionate about growth, metrics, outstanding user experience, and you bring in an experimental mindset.
Some important questions to consider:
- How do you prioritise which ideas to experiment on first?
- What does best practice for a growth engineer look like?
- How do we streamline an experimental pipeline?
- How do you help teams understand which opportunities will have the greatest impact on their goals?
- How do you balance quantitative and qualitative data and how will you approach problems?
It is critical that you have worked in a startup and have a good understanding of product, engineering, growth and design or are open to learning these spaces well.
Our entire team is remote (and always has been). We are happy as long as you’re happy. You will have the freedom and autonomy you need to make decisions and do your best work. Our team is smart, energetic, extremely talented and driven. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we all love what we do.
Work from home with your dog?
Work in a cafe?
Need a few days off?
Swap a weekday for a weekend?
Working a half-day?
All of the above is 100% good for us!