Clay is carefully designed to help you be more thoughtful with people.
Almost everyone intuitively understands the importance (and positive impact) of thoughtfulness towards others—in fact, you’ve probably benefited from someone else’s thoughtfulness recently! However, it’s difficult, effort intensive, and time consuming to be conscientious all the time. We wanted a more streamlined and sustainable approach for thoughtfully keeping in touch with our ever-growing network. And after searching and searching for something better, we built it ourselves.
We believe that Clay is the most stunning, powerful, and beautiful way to remember who you’ve met—and what matters to them. We’re grateful that our mission has resonated with a passionate user base and prominent investors like General Catalyst and Forerunner Ventures, and we are eager to carry it forward. We’d be honored to have you join us.
Clay is a beautiful and private home for all the people and relationships in your life.
After you link your accounts (email, calendar, LinkedIn, Twitter, iMessage, and more), Clay automatically builds a collection of everyone you know, creating a beautiful profile for each relationship. Clay populates photos, bios, education and work history, location, and social profiles automatically from available data, and keeps them updated over time.
Clay then helps you deepen your relationships by allowing you to find anyone with powerfully simple search, take notes from your latest conversation, set reminders for specific dates, see when a contact changes their LinkedIn or Twitter bio, be notified when a contact is mentioned in the news, and much more.
We’ve been intentionally and thoughtfully building our product with a small, dedicated user base over the last couple years. We’ve been careful to grow slowly so that we can make sure the product we are building is really meaningful. Up to know, we’ve grown mostly through word of mouth and serendipitous encounters, but we are ready to be more proactive with sharing our product with the world.
That’s where you come in! We want to find someone who believes deeply in our mission and is committed to spreading Clay and its mission to a huge number of users using both paid and organic channels.
You’ll be our first dedicated Growth hire, so you’ll be building a number of growth channels from scratch. You’ll have flexibility to experiment across a number of channels, test hypotheses regarding Clay’s target users, and build out LTV and ROAS metrics.
We also expect you to participate in giving us product feedback based on the engagement data you see.
- 3+ years of marketing, preferably at a high growth company or an agency serving high growth companies
- Strong knowledge of paid marketing channels (such as Google Ads, Facebook ads, Apple Search ads, etc)
- Experience running ads/content across the full funnel- from awareness to consideration to purchase intent
- Robust grasp on organic marketing tactics such as email marketing, blog features, etc.
- Familiar with setting up/troubleshooting conversion pixels (theoretical and/or practical)
- Understanding of LTV and ROAS, and how to maximize both
- Experience running a/b tests against performance marketing objectives
Nice to Haves:
- Experience building a paid marketing program from scratch
- Knowledge of the pros/cons of influencer marketing and strong POV on the subject
- Experience with creating (project managing a creative agency is fine) and running brand content
What you can expect to accomplish in your first 6 months:
- Pursue 15+ paid and organic channels, experimenting to determine which of them drives cost effective results
- Expand operations on the channels that are effective, work with leadership team to determine effective CPAs/channel, and optimize operations on each channel
- Work with our website and app team to set up robust conversion tracking across our site and app to properly attribute new users to the correct channel
- Create and scale a referral program for Clay users. Experiment with novel referral incentives
- Create a lightweight LTV model for each channel, and use it to make marketing decisions against ROAS/channel
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health and wellness benefits to help you stay at your best: 100% covered medical, dental, vision for you + 50% for spouse/dependents; One Medical membership; Kindbody Fertility (dependents included); Talkspace membership; Teladoc Virtual Health
- 8 week paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation: Minimum of 20 days of paid time off to use however you like (vacation, national holidays, etc.)
- Education stipend: You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing
- Company sponsored 401k plan
- $500 work from home allowance to use on building out a workspace
- Best in class software/tools: Superhuman, Linear, Notion, etc.
- We’re a small, yet growing, team that moves fast and ships new products continuously, and you have a huge opportunity to shape Clay (ha!) from systems architecture to how we celebrate team wins. Our culture is defined but it’s not definitive, and we’re looking for smart, hardworking and passionate people to be culture adds at Clay. We offer team building activities on Fridays, and (when safe to travel) all-inclusive team offsites.
- You have the opportunity to work with a team of best-in-class engineers who know how to run across their stack and architect beautiful products
- We champion individual ownership, self-starters, and personal growth on and off the job. We’re a tight knit team that celebrates each other’s wins and improves one another through the losses