At Marco Polo, we’re passionate about helping people feel close, creating products and services that are good for you, and having a joyful career while we do it.
We’re currently seeking a Growth Marketer to join the Revenue Team at Marco Polo to help us manage and increase our growth. This person will be responsible for driving product marketing initiatives that increase subscription conversion, retention and user acquisition both in-app and through email/push communication.
What we’d expect of you:
- Fluency in Mobile Marketing: Your keen expertise in mobile and product marketing enables you to develop actionable in-app campaigns and initiatives that engage current users of the Marco Polo app. You’ll create data-driven strategies in order to achieve the revenue targets set forth by the Head of Growth.
- Passion for our Purpose: We are breaking ground as one of the first consumer communications digital platforms to build a sustainable business model without selling user data. We want you to share our passion for connecting people through technology and help market these industry-forward ideas and apps with expert guidance and skillful project management.
- Collaboration & Creativity: You’ll likely be working with the revenue, brand marketing, design, product development, and engineering teams and many more to collaborate on the strategies and tactics you’ll help develop. We are a small team with big ideas, so creativity and results-driven execution is key.
- Reporting and Measuring: We are an analytical team, constantly iterating on our learnings. You will manage monthly reporting, working with our growth and data teams to analyze and make integrated marketing recommendations appropriately.
- Flexibility: We’re a fast-paced company seeking applicants who not only adapt quickly to change, but embrace and thrive in that kind of environment.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- E-commerce/SaaS experience a plus.
- Best-in-class experience building in-app mobile marketing strategy, achieving conversion and retention goals.
- Strong background in design and analysis of in-product funnel conversion tactics.
- Expertise in audience segmentation, measurement, optimization, and automation.
- Evidence of effective collaboration skills to work successfully in a 100% remote team environment.
- Ability to evaluate growth opportunities, prioritize and evaluate engineering and data science technical requirements.
- Drive strategies that include audience targeting, creative and copy testing, research and discovery.
- Implement and evaluate experiments designed to test marketing hypotheses.
- Experience effectively communicating OKRs and performance learnings.
- A personality of humility, fun and open-hearted listening.
- Desire to work in a joyful work environment, where you and your teammates look forward to learning, growing and celebrating milestones.
- Strong writing skills.
- Agency or startup experience is also a plus.
What you’ll get from us:
- An experienced, joyful distributed team environment. We’ve been doing the remote work thing long before it became necessary. We’re good at it and we’ll make sure you are too.
- The opportunity to make significant, impactful contributions across several marketing disciplines.
- The balance of individual projects where you’ll be able to immerse yourself in complicated tasks, but also day-to-day teamwork with both the Growth, Integrated Marketing, Engineering and many more teams across Marco Polo.
- The space to thrive at a purpose-driven company where we’re looking to make a positive impact in the world.
Marco Polo is an app downloaded every day by people of all walks of life from all over the globe. We care deeply about inclusion and representing our diverse community. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit any unlawful discrimination on applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
We’re on a mission to help people feel close. We’re a fully distributed team that cares about working joyfully and making a big difference in the world. Think you’re the right fit? If so, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume
- Example of your work
- Let us know if you’re a Marco Polo user. If so, what’s one way we could increase conversions to our premium subscription Marco Polo Plus?
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com