You will join our team to help lead the day-to-day business operations of Chromatic. You will have exposure to every aspect of the business from back-office operations, like Legal and HR, to revenue-generating functions, like Sales and Customer Success.
Your daily responsibilities will change often, but you will be at the forefront of Chromatic’s growth and have a unique opportunity to help run a fast-growing, seven-figure ARR business. You will help identify operational efficiencies, lead the overhaul of internal processes, and gain a solid understanding of what it takes to build a successful technology company.
- Sales enablement: manage inbound leads and ensure timely completion of all sales documentation, including vendor questionnaires, security assessments, and implementation plans
- New user onboarding: engage with all new users on Chromatic to ensure they fully understand the product and are positioned for success from Day 1
- Vendor management: manage third-party relationships to ensure optimal tooling across the entire organization
- Process optimization: standardize internal documentation, identify bottlenecks with our current processes, and improve our corporate practices across the organization
- Special projects: this role will have visibility into all aspects of the business, some days may require data analysis, others might be focused on negotiating contract terms, so this individual will have a variety of ad-hoc responsibilities as Chromatic continues to grow
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a fast-moving startup or tech company environment or in consulting, investment banking, PE/VC, or Big4 accounting
- Outstanding attention to detail, organization, decision making, and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new tooling (ex. Stripe, Gusto) and topics (ex. employment law)
- Experience using Google Sheets and Apple Keynote
- Technical familiarity (ex. HTML/CSS) and understanding of the development workflow (GitHub pull requests) will be helpful, but not required
Why work here?
Build the tools behind the biggest sites. Our products help companies develop UIs for hundreds of millions of people.
Have a big impact and learn a ton by working across open source, cloud services, and developer experience. You’ll ship products you can be proud of.
Now is the best time to join. Storybook is one of the fastest growing open source projects with wide adoption. We’re profitable and scaling quickly with customers like Shopify, Adobe, and BBC.
- Be respectful
- Take pride in the work
- Invest in each other
- Inspire others to grow
- Outcome over ego
- Don’t overthink it
- This is supposed to be fun
- Work from anywhere
- Annual retreats
- Health benefits for you and yours
- Parent and family-friendly
- Home office setup stipend
- Learning stipend
- Unlimited vacation
Everyone talks to customers
The best way to serve customers is to talk to them. We schedule one day a week for you to get to know our users first-hand. You’ll learn about their challenges, answer questions, implement improvements, and support their success.
Our top secret business model
Build an open source project to scratch our own itch. Build production-grade cloud services that complement the open source project. Use that money to build more open source stuff. Along the way, make UI development faster and more satisfying for everyone. About us
Join an inclusive team
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate based on race, nationality, belief system, sexual orientation, gender, age, military service, marital or partnership status, family or parental status, disability or any other status protected by law. View other openings