6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. We’re revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by cloud-based software.
This is a Co-Op opportunity for college students interested in the hardware support of a fleet of robots in warehouses across the United States. An ideal candidate possesses electro-mechanical experience, learns quickly, and can work independently. You will join our Hardware Reliability Team in a role that requires a unique mix of data analysis, electro mechanical skills, project management, and technical writing skills. If you enjoy tinkering, troubleshooting, technical writing, and want hands-on experience with a new technology in a rapidly growing industry, this role is for you!
As a Hardware Reliability Engineering Co-Op you will get the opportunity to gain the experience of what it takes to support a fleet of robotic equipment spread across the USA, gain valuable reliability and maintenance hands on learning, and work with a fast growing technology company. The robotics industry is rapidly growing and the maintenance of robotic equipment is a demand that will continue to expand.
- Help support a region of 6 River Systems sites performing preliminary remote troubleshooting.
- Assist in updating our technical documentation including standard operating procedures, guides, and create content for a new knowledge base.
- Help analyze the service history of robotic equipment, identify trends of failures and quality, and establish mitigation strategies.
- Develop and improve the team standard operating procedures and manuals
- Make customers raving fans of our product
Supporting the hardware reliability engineering team with internal projects including but not limited to:
- Develop new knowledge base tool using historical data
- Perform diagnostics and hardware repairs on robots
- Using BigQuery and Tableau dashboards, evaluate key performance metrics relative to HW reliability
- Asist in automating dynamic monitoring of field issues
- Support the execution of field retrofits and preventative maintenance
|Expected 40 hrs / week||Expected 20 hrs / week|
|Working on assigned projects
Assisting teams on projects
Assisting in the support of a customer site / region
|Assisting teams on projects|
- Undergraduate student (rising juniors or greater)
- Pursuing an engineering or technical degree
- Advanced coursework in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial and/or Systems Engineering
- Experience working with electro-mechanical devices
- Effective communication, able to perform independently in remote environments
- Experience/willingness to work in lab/warehouse environment using hand tools
- Working knowledge of Linux based systems and command line interfaces is a plus
- Familiarity with remote work tools (Google workspace tools, Project management)
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are passionate about hiring diverse teams and providing great products for our customers.
Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work, 6RS provides an excellent work environment. At 6RS, you will find the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the stability of a public company.
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.