About Swing Left
Swing Left is a national grassroots organization working to elect Democrats up and down the ballot. We make it possible for anyone to make a big impact on the elections that determine the balance of power in our country, by volunteering and donating in key races. Since our founding in 2017, the Swing Left community has raised $38 million directly for Democratic candidates and civic organizations, and completed 35 million volunteer-driven voter contact actions, including door knocking, phone calls, and letter writing.
Ensure Swing Left has a strategic and successful approach to winning key elections, and building power for the long run, by overseeing strategic vision for organizing and volunteer mobilization for Swing Left. This role is on the senior leadership team.
- Grow Swing Left’s organizing program: Oversee high-level strategy for organizing and mobilizing efforts, including digital and distributed organizing programs. Work with Swing Left staff, volunteer leaders, and nearly 500 affiliated groups to build, refine, and expand our volunteer network to have an impact on competitive elections.
- Define and create programs for different volunteer audiences: Develop programs and initiatives for long-time volunteer leaders, Swing Left affiliated groups, and first time, late stage volunteer audiences. Establish metrics and organizing goals; track progress toward goals and monitor the success of the organizing program
- Generate creative, accessible mobilization campaigns: Create and coordinate exciting cross-functional campaigns and initiatives to grow Swing Left’s organizing community, engage users around key mobilization moments, and build Swing Left’s brand as a one-stop shop for impactful volunteer opportunities around elections.
- Serve as a collaborative, cross-functional leader: Serve as a key stakeholder and sponsor on Swing Left’s organizing and voter contact tool development. Collaborate with key leaders across product, marketing, political strategy, and other departments at Swing Left to ensure programmatic cohesion and successful cross-departmental coordination around goals, including volunteer audience development and growth, user journeys, digital organizing tools like peer-to-peer texting, and affiliate programs like Vote Forward.
- Manage community team: Build and oversee community staff members, including full-time staff, contractors, and volunteer leadership structure.
- Experience running successful organizing programs, preferably with strong digital and distributed organizing experience
- Passion for working with volunteers and building innovative, creative organizing programs
- Experience with distributed organizing, relational, and other creative organizing tools
- Familiar with data tracking, reporting, CRM platforms, and analysis; experience with product development a plus
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and execute projects in a fast-paced environment and across multiple departments
- Experience with staff management and project management
Working at Swing Left
The Head of Community position is a full-time, remote position. The salary range for this position is 120-130k annually. In addition to health, dental, and retirement benefits, Swing Left’s benefits package includes a professional development fund, a remote work fund, and a technology stipend for all employees. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our benefits, parental leave policies and other, similar benefits in interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and seek applications from all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
We believe that the GOP’s bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, people with disabilities, women and LGBTQ people. As we seek to build both a political system and organization that represents and uplifts these voices, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities and members of other marginalized communities.