At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events. As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet. We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
Hopin’s Head of Corporate Development will lead our corporate development efforts and work closely with Executive Leadership to define our inorganic growth strategy. In this role, you will lead M&A activities including strategy formation, investment case development, due diligence, deal execution, and post-merger integration. This role will be our first corporate development hire and define Hopin’s global M&A and strategic investment strategy.
- Partner with senior executives to develop strategies and identify acquisition and investment opportunities that accelerate Hopin’s mission
- Lead deal negotiation, due diligence and integration efforts for acquisitions, including coordinating cross-functional product, engineering, and functional teams to evaluate targets
- Conduct rigorous analysis to provide detailed guidance and insight regarding companies and potential acquisitions
- Negotiate purchase price and deal terms; build financial models to support valuation and establish key benchmarks for post-integration planning
- Own the entire deal process end-to-end including sourcing, due diligence, contract negotiation, closing, and integration
- 8+ years of experience in corporate development or a related field such as venture capital, investment banking, or consulting; prior corporate development experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience driving multiple business deals through all phases; ability to manage complex negotiations from start to finish
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to find creative solutions / deal structures
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills whether it’s presenting in a meeting or building out a deck
- Self-motivated, can-do attitude, problem-solver who can work in a fast paced environment
- Team player who can work cross functionally across multiple departments.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up
- Health benefits
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.