About The Role
You will be the first legal hire in a rapidly-growing, enterprise software fintech company. Your responsibilities will include ownership of all aspects of Argyle’s negotiations with customers and vendors, instituting compliance policies while maintaining the entrepreneurial culture of the company, oversight of legal operations, and working on all aspects of Intellectual Property, Privacy, employment, and corporate issues.
We are looking for a practical attorney who is interested in learning about our technology, is passionate about data ownership and privacy, can enable our go-to-market strategy, and will establish her or himself as a trusted business partner to every executive as well as a company-wide thought leader.
• Define Argyle’s legal strategy and build our core legal processes
• Work with Argyle’s Sales team to negotiate strategic customer contracts, close deals in the most efficient manner, and educate sales representatives to effectively sell Argyle’s legal terms
• Provide counsel and advise on legal liabilities (i.e. employment law, commissions agreements, corporate finance, partnerships, etc.)
• Oversee the management and maintenance of all company legal templates
• Stay abreast of changes in laws and regulations impacting consumer privacy and data ownership laws
You May Be Fit For This Role If You
• 6-10+ years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department. In-house counsel experience preferred, especially in tech.
• Broad direct experience with a variety of legal matters, including strategic business agreements, commercial contract negotiation, information security and compliance, privacy, corporate governance, intellectual property rights
• Comfort with business metrics and ability to break down complex legal problems into business and legal risks; ability to explain legal issues to business and technology focused partners
• Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves and take on tasks both big and small. A collaborative approach with low ego in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Strategic sense to build a team, but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis
• Strong sense of ownership, desire to make a cross-functional impact, eagerness to learn, customer orientation
• A JD from a top accredited law school, and a membership in good standing with State Bar
You Should Include These In Your Application
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why Argyle is interesting to you