About Swing Left
Swing Left is a national grassroots organization working to elect Democrats up and down the ballot. We make it possible for anyone to make a big impact on the elections that determine the balance of power in our country, by volunteering and donating in key races. Since our founding in 2017, the Swing Left community has raised $38 million directly for Democratic candidates and civic organizations, and completed 35 million volunteer-driven voter contact actions, including door knocking, phone calls, and letter writing.
Oversee Swing Left’s communications, digital, creative, and brand strategy to recruit and empower hundreds of thousands of grassroots volunteers and donors to have electoral impact. This role is on the senior leadership team.
- Build Swing Left’s marketing strategy for 2021 and beyond: Analyze Swing Left’s audience, and work to date, identifying key marketing strengths to build on and challenges to mitigate. Work with the Executive Team to translate Swing Left’s impact goals into revenue, growth, engagement, and conversion goals across target audiences, and create a multi-channel strategy to execute on those goals.
- Refine Swing Left’s brand identity: Work with the Executive and Senior Leadership Team to identify opportunities to evolve our brand identity and redefine our brand pillars. Manage creative staff in identifying key brand entry points and ensure quality and consistency across user interactions with our brand.
- Define and develop our target audiences: Build on Swing Left’s existing persona work and user analytics to define target audiences. Create new user funnels, and refine existing ones, to drive conversions and build brand loyalty. Continuously monitor user growth, revenue, engagement, and conversion metrics across key channels, and test and iterate tactics.
- Create compelling, high-performing marketing campaigns to meet our objectives: Build campaigns to grow and engage our user base tied to key moments throughout the electoral cycle.
- Manage creative, communications, and digital departments: Align team behind your marketing strategy, defining and holding the team accountable to key performance. Coach and develop department leads. Foster a collaborative and fun working environment.
- Experience running successful digital marketing teams and campaigns, particularly online fundraising programs
- Familiarity with CRM software (Klaviyo a plus), Google Analytics, social analytics, basic HTML, and SQL
- Experience with paid ads, SEM, and SEO
- Demonstrated success managing and leading staff
- Approaches work with an analytical, innovative, and growth mindset
- Passion for electing Democrats and building innovative, creative digital marketing programs and campaigns
Working at Swing Left
The Head of Marketing position is a full-time, remote position. The salary range for this position is 120-130k annually. In addition to health, dental, and retirement benefits, Swing Left’s benefits package includes a professional development fund, a remote work fund, and a technology stipend for all employees. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our benefits, parental leave policies and other, similar benefits in interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and seek applications from all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
We believe that the GOP’s bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, people with disabilities, women and LGBTQ people. As we seek to build both a political system and organization that represents and uplifts these voices, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities and members of other marginalized communities.