Veho’s mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost management. Veho focuses on the end customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a two-sided crowd-sourced platform and a network of hyper-local distribution centers. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery and give customers control on how, when, and where their package is delivered. Veho is disrupting the logistics space through our technology. We put the customer at the center, replacing the old model of fleet vehicles doing package delivery. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery and give customers controls on how, when, and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% – far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay, and Amazon; three former public company CEOs, and early investors in Lyft and Instacart. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
About the Role
As we continue to rapidly expand into additional markets, we are looking to add an established leader to our Central Operations team to oversee Veho’s Marketplace Operations. As the Head of Marketplace Operations, you will play a key role in creating and executing on a strategy that ensures that every package is placed on an efficient route and every route is completed in a cost-efficient manner.
In this role, you will need to develop deep expertise and understanding of how Veho’s processes, systems, and resources work, and how to use them to drive positive outcomes. You must demonstrate effective communication and collaborative skills, building relationships with other departments within the company to be successful.
What You’ll Do
- Help answer the question “how should Veho build, price, and sell routes?”
- Hire, structure, and develop the Marketplace Operations team
- Strategize how to make consistent improvements to core efficiency metrics
- Own high-level company OKRs each quarter
- Oversee execution of ops experiments and rollout of new marketplace features and approaches in collaboration with Product, General Managers, and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Tailor marketplace operations and strategy based on nuances between cities we operate in
Daily success metrics you will be responsible for:
- 100% of routes filled and launched on-time
- Packages delivered per hour
- Delivery costs per hour
- Metric-driven and obsessed with celebrating and adapting to outcomes
- Strategic decision-maker capable of creating frameworks to diagnose and drive improvements across a diverse set of marketplaces
- Experienced people leader with demonstrated ability to build, lead, and motivate diverse, high-performing teams
- Excellent business judgement; ability to understand how marketplace decisions affect the operation as a whole and how to assess tradeoffs
- Strong alignment with Veho’s values
- Prior experience in a high-growth marketplace business is strongly preferred