RStudio’s mission is to create free and open-source software for data science, scientific research, and technical communication. Our intention is to pursue this mission indefinitely, by operating profitably and balancing the interests of all stakeholders as a financially independent Public Benefit Corporation (PBC).
We are looking for our first full-time head of product, to help the founders and executive team establish a scalable product management discipline ensuring our continued success. We have several product lines including: on-premise and cloud offerings and already serve over 7000 organizations. Our offerings are used by R and Python data scientists today to solve novel problems of knowledge through code. Join us in helping define the future of open source data science.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and mentor a team of high empathy, creative, get it done Product Managers
- Establish the methodology, cadence and processes to define and execute our commercial Product Roadmap
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Documentation, and Support to define and deliver products that delight customers
- Clearly communicate our product priorities to internal engineering teams, internal stakeholders, customers, prospects, and analysts
- Mentor and teach teams about when we are looking for a Minimum Viable Product (MVP), a Minimum Lovable Product (MLP), or a Minimal Delightful Product (MDP)
- Instill the principles of “whole product thinking” across the organization
- Shipped several successful products to B2B Enterprise audiences and iterated on them for several years
- Built, led, and managed a team of senior product managers and leaders
- A relationship builder, you are comfortable being both a change agent, and a methodical operator who continually improves our products, processes, and supportability of our “whole product experience”
- Led product managers responsible for multiple product lines
- Naturally predisposed to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and help align others with the organization’s overall strategy
- Have built and sold enterprise products used by organizations to shape, manage, visualize, or analyze their data
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter, and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- a home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- a profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.