Table XI is seeking a Head of Product Delivery who can strategically grow our product and project management capabilities and expertly guide our clients’ product development
We’re looking for a leader with a 15+ year track record of success building and managing a breadth of digital products and programs. You are an experienced and trusted advisor to clients as well as to internal teams and stakeholders. You will guide the evolution of our capabilities, lead client engagements, and mentor practitioners.
Our product delivery practice blends project and product management, bringing both disciplines together to deliver innovative digital products for our clients. In this role, you’ll be a partner and advisor to our clients and a resource for our teams, leading integrated teams to translate product strategy into a successful implementation approach, execute on that approach, and track the metrics by which we’ll know we’re successful. You are an empathetic listener and an effective communicator. You are a thoughtful problem-solver with the ability to move between the strategic and the tactical with ease and proven expertise in inspiring and shipping great work.
This role reports to our Chief Delivery Officer and sits on our leadership team, guiding the strategic direction of Table XI.
Don’t hesitate if you don’t have 100% of the specific experience listed. We have a preference for folks with new digital product development and/or agile consulting services experience, but if you’re a strong product and people manager, we want to hear from you. Table XI encourages everyone interested in a role to apply.
Leading the Practice (1/3 of your time)
- Define and implement product and project management capabilities and practices, in collaboration with members of the practice.
- Help shape the direction of TXI as a member of our leadership team.
- Steer TXI’s strategic capability development in partnership with the Heads of Product Design and Engineering, and our Demand function.
- Foster a sense of purpose and camaraderie within the Product Delivery practice.
- Directly manage 3-5 senior members of the practice and provide coaching and mentorship for all practitioners, supporting their skill development and career goals.
- Come with a strong point of view on project and product management that we can learn from internally and share externally in the market
- Be curious and humble—eager to learn from every one, no matter their title or role.
Delivering high-quality work for our clients (2/3 of your time):
- Lead client engagements, bringing together strategy, research, UX/UI design, and development to build incredible products for our clients.
- Scope complex products and larger programs of work based on business and customer value.
- Create and actively manage multi-year product roadmaps that align with client vision, goals, and constraints.
- Select from multiple agile software development methodologies from a product and project perspective, including experimenting with new methodologies, depending on the needs of the engagement.
- Manage complex risk scenarios, including navigating the needs of multiple stakeholders or interdependencies across multiple projects, and act as a sounding board and coach for other delivery leads on risk.
- Work collaboratively on cross-functional teams of developers, designers, and delivery leads—bridging capabilities, building understanding among disciplines, and nurturing a positive team dynamic.
- Define, track and analyze key metrics, and use the data to inform product and project decisions.
- Facilitate a variety of workshops, critical conversations, and alignment sessions in a hybrid (co-located and remote) work environment.
- Be an experienced consultant adept at building lasting, influential relationships with executive-level clients.
- Embrace the rapid, adaptive nature of product innovation work and be comfortable leading through ambiguity.
What your days will look like, what success looks like
Proper expectations setting has a big impact on your progressional growth. To set expectations for what you’ll experience as the Head of Product Delivery, here is some of what you can expect in your first two years:
Within 1 month, you will
//Start the company onboarding process, learning more about our company’s culture, values, history, and commitments to our clients
//Gain an understanding of our integrated development process, tooling and frameworks, and project approach
//Shadow client teams to learn from and about our integrated teams of designers, developers, and delivery leads
//Learn more about the client experience, from sales into product discovery, delivery, and ongoing evolution
//Go deeper into the employee experience of working at Table XI, meeting with key leaders across the company, and building relationships with the broader team
//Join the weekly leadership team meetings, learn about the EOS structure that TXI runs on, and begin working with the members of the leadership team
Within 3 months, you will
//Have completed your onboarding process with your onboarding cohort
//Be leading your first project or be advising delivery leads across multiple projects
//Foster relationships with developers, designers, and delivery leads on your teams as well as across the broader company
//Meet regularly with the Heads of Development and Product Design to discuss and define strategic capability priorities
//Attend your first leadership offsite to reflect on the past quarter and plan for the next one
//Complete your first Sticky Note Game
//Build a relationship with the Chief Delivery Officer and COO, and receive your first quarterly 360 feedback
//Be building relationships with your direct reports in the Product Delivery practice
//Attend your first company All Hands with the rest of the organization
Within 6 months, you will
//Complete a review with your manager
//Push your team to do its best work yet. You’ll know the team well by this point and will understand how to encourage them to do work the whole team and company is incredibly proud of
//Advance the crafts of project and product management at Table XI. You’ll share your knowledge with others, learn from them, and perhaps define an experiment or two so we can all learn together.
//Learn new processes and tooling to support further growth and develop your own skills
Within 1 year, you will
//Attend a company retreat to get to know all of the employees outside of the office setting
//Potentially start with a second client or re-engage with your first client on a new product or phase of work, deepening your relationships
//Complete the first promotion and compensation cycle for the product delivery practice
//Have the opportunity to become an owner in the business and participate in the upside we are creating together
After 2 years, you will
//Look back proudly to the project and organizational changes you’ve inspired or directed, creating an impact on how we do business
Some reasons why you might like working with us
We have been recognized for both our internal employee experience and delivering a trusted customer experience. At Table XI, we are very intentional about the way we work and support both our team and our clients.
1. We focus on Product Innovation: helping initially to envision new product concepts for our clients. We are core contributors to shaping the work that we do and the problems we’re working to solve. In addition to that ideation stage, we get to help them bring these new concepts to market. We help both to build the right thing (design thinking and product discovery) and build the thing right (agile mindset and iterative approach).
2. We care about DEIB (diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging). To deliver the best solutions, we need as many bright and diverse minds in the room as possible, and we need to be able to learn from them once they’re there. That’s why we’re working to create an environment that’s comfortable and inclusive for everyone. Learn more about our DEIB learnings, roadmap, and history.
3. We work in a variety of industries, encouraging our team members to explore new domains, solve different kinds of problems, and adopt new technologies. There is no getting bored in our portfolio; you’ll work across health care, edtech, manufacturing, and nonprofits, just to name a few, and building web, mobile, and IoT solutions.
4. We work in integrated teams (and avoid staff augmentation). At Table XI, we seek to bring all of the good ideas to the table so you learn from the talented teammates you regularly pair with. Product, design, and development regularly collaborate, and we are all listening to the same users.
5. We are intentional about supporting each individual’s growth. “Challenge and support each other” is a core value of the company and we take that mission seriously. That’s why every employee has a personal learning and development budget, everyone has a bi-weekly conversation with their manager about their progress, and our CEO created the Sticky Note Game to encourage each person’s path at Table XI.
6. We believe that wellness and a sustainable pace deliver the best outcomes. We commit to our clients to be dedicated partners for a sustainable 35 hours a week. We don’t require regular travel or client on-site time. Our team members have flexible schedules with a hybrid (colocated or remote) working environment and discretionary time off because we respect that everyone has a life outside of work
7. We value transparency and open discussion. You will have a front-line view of the company’s performance, risks and issues, finances, and budgets. With unique tools and facilitation techniques, we also regularly connect and discuss topics as a company to guide our path forward.
8. We build products that matter. We advance the causes and goals of our partners and consistently deliver outcomes for them. See some examples below.
What We Make
For over two decades, we’ve partnered with clients across industries to research, design, and develop custom web and mobile applications that make a meaningful impact. These impacts include:
<>Empowering nonprofits with real-time insight into progress and potential for donor impact through transformative fundraising software
<>Designing a digital experience to support LGBTQ+ 14-17-year-old youths as they face societal and personal bias with their orientation prior to coming out, driven by evidence-based treatment and therapy plans.
<>Driving accountability and motivation for patients recovering from spinal surgery through integrated mobile app and wearable device on the patient’s lower back
<>Improving prediction of patient enrollment in global clinical trials for life-saving drugs through the integration of advanced analytics and digital innovation
<>Creating a new mobile app to inspire employees to love where they work by delivering meaningful savings and recognition in their workplace, while also amplifying merchant partner reach across the US
But the work is just part of what makes Table XI a rewarding place to be. We support each others’ interests—whether volunteering, organizing meetups, speaking at industry events, or learning new techniques and technologies. If there’s something you’re passionate about, we want you to pursue it so you can teach it to the rest of us. Our company Lunch & Learns, Sticky Note Game, and regular practice meetings are just some of the ways we create space for sharing, learning, and professional development.
What We Offer
We believe in equitable pay. The salary range for this role is $165,000-225,000. In addition to our base compensation, we offer a quarterly bonus based on company performance and the following benefits, intended to take care of you (and the people you care about):
-Quality health insurance
-Paid parental leave policy (equal for all TXI parents) and discretionary paid time off
-401k plan, including employer matching
-The option to work fully remote with minimal client or onsite client work
-Company retreats and All Hands days
-A chance to connect with each other in person and outside of the office
-Benefits for continuing education, donation matching, renewable energy switching
US-friendly hours are strongly preferred. We have a hybrid setup at Table XI – with both a home office in Chicago and the opportunity for any of our team members (currently in the US, Canada, and Europe) to work distributed, either from home or one of the coworking spaces in our network. We communicate and collaborate effectively in a remote environment with tools like Miro, Notion, Slack, and Zoom. While we encourage asynchronous communication, we often work in pairs or in collaboration sessions, so it is important to have some core hours of overlap with our clients and fellow team members. Regardless of where you are living and working, we will get together as a company several times a year to help build connections and foster relationships in our team.
What to expect next
If we move forward, here’s the rest of the process that we’ll use to learn together if this is an amazing fit for you:
Initial Interview: After connecting with our recruiting team, you’ll meet the hiring lead over Zoom and cover some TXI basics, then focus the conversation on questions about your past work and how it relates to what you’d be doing at TXI. This stage is a 2-call process and should take no more than 90 min total (unless you want to dig in, chat more and spend some extra time learning about us!).
Virtual Case Study Session: Here is where we give you a job preview for the role, as well as the space to show off your skills. During the case study, we will ask you questions about your approach to each of the phases of product delivery, and we will also role-play through situations with you (acting as your client or your teammates). Our goal is to get a sense of how you approach client work, how you collaborate with a team, and how you solve problems. This stage should take no more than 90 minutes total and we’ll both have a clear sense of how we work together by the end.
Final All Team interview: At this stage, we’re incredibly excited about your potential with TXI. Get to know more of the team you’d be working with over a 3.5-hour session. You’ll have time with 6-8 of your potential integrated team members, where we will learn more about your leadership skills, consultative skills, and values alignment. You will also spend time with some of our leadership team talking about how TXI can support you on your personal journey.
Offer/Decision within 24-48 hours: You’ve made it! You successfully completed the process and spent about 6-7 hours learning about us, while sharing more about yourself. Once we get to this stage, we like to move fast. We are committed to debriefing within 24 hrs. and presenting a final decision within 48 hrs. (or less!) of your final interview day. If we choose to move forward, our team will collaborate with you to ensure that you have all the information you need to make the right decision for you and your career!
We take equality seriously. Table XI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.