Snapdocs is a rapidly growing company backed by investors like Sequoia, Y Combinator, F-Prime and Tiger Global. We’re an innovative team taking on the extensive mortgage market, bringing scalable and sophisticated software to a pillar of the US economy that still relies on fax machines and manila envelopes.
Snapdocs is expanding its finance team and we are looking to hire a Head of Strategic Finance to help lead the financial planning function including all aspects of corporate planning, capital efficiency analytics and general insight leadership. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Head of Strategic Finance is accountable for ensuring the right insight is available to the right people at the right time. This insight spans financial and operational reporting. By turning data and information into insight, the FP&A team empowers the company with the ability to make great decisions at a fast pace. Success will require deep partnership with a diverse constituency across the company.The role will be shaped as an apprenticeship. Our CFO has a track record of supporting continuous career growth for high performers. His philosophy is to:
- Recruit competitive, ambitious, kind, collaborative, competent, and high-potential generalists. Character and capability count as much as experience.
- Immerse these people in critical work streams that have potential for massive business impact. The type of people that succeed in this role enjoy 1) being thrown into the deep end, and 2) knowing they have hands on mentorship and support
- Graduate the “best of the best” into more senior roles within (or outside of) the company. Past graduates of the team have enjoyed discontinuous career growth. They have earned roles as VPs of Marketing, VPs of Finance, Heads of Strategy (public and private companies).
The role is designed to be a career-accelerating experience for candidates willing to put in the work. Responsibilities:
- Lead Snapdocs’ efforts to turn information / data into actionable insight
- Develop and maintain key financial models and tools to support ongoing reporting, forecasting, and insight needs of the business;
- Partner with business and functional leads to hone a) a business-led planning and insight process, and b) continuous improvement in business insight;
- Work with the accounting team on the month-end closing cycle, and to ensure alignment within the finance organization;
- Lead vendor selection and system implementation for key planning infrastructure;
- Be a thought and execution leader in the development of OKR’s and internal / external reporting metrics
Qualifications:The ideal candidate is an ambitious team player who understands that Strategic Finance sits in the middle of all of the context and information in a business. As this is a highly cross-functional role, candidates are required to be highly analytical and very effective communicators. Candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial modeling and using analysis to influence decision-making, including prior experience in a corporate finance and/or strategy-related role. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, inquisitive, enjoy problem solving and focused on driving towards results. Above all, we love candidates with HUSTLE!Colorado applicants: This role pays $206,000 – $239,400 annually plus equity in the company (pay for other locations may vary)#LI-NV1#LI-Remote
Snapdocs strongly values diversity and drive. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team to make smart decisions. This means we value independent work as well as collaboration. We provide outstanding benefits (listed below) and while we have hubs in both San Francisco and Denver, we’re an extremely remote-friendly company with over a third of our staff outside of those two hubs!Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (regardless of gender)
- Flexible time off policy
- Flexible spending account for healthcare and dependent care
- Galileo, Modern Health, Urban Sitter, and Northstar Financial memberships
- Life and disability insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 10 year exercise window on your equity (!!)