Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
Brightline is convening a team of leading coaches, clinicians, technologists, business leaders, and creative thinkers to completely transform what behavioral health care looks like. Together, we’re building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring a warm, supportive, and goal-oriented experience to families. And we’re all here to help children and families thrive.
About the Role
We are looking for a Head of Therapy who is a proven thought leader in behavioral health and an all star people manager experienced in building and retaining large, distributed teams. This person has extensive experience in recruiting talented therapists, developing robust internal training programs to promote therapist growth, facilitating a positive team culture (particularly in a remote environment), and providing clinical oversight with deep expertise in pediatric behavioral intervention.
- Clinical leadership: build, maintain and champion a world class community of clinicians who provide exceptional care to members.
- Clinical people manager: manage a team of part time and full time therapists, facilitating their growth and balancing team needs.
- Clinical training and onboarding: collaborate with Brightline people operations and care operations to curate and execute a robust, engaging training and onboarding experience for therapists joining the team.
- Tools and processes: collaborate with product and care operations to create tools, resources and processes that enable therapists to thrive.
- Leading by example: bring your clinical experience to develop a culture of learning and growth for our clinical team, provide oversight and supervision and support a small caseload of Brightline families.
You will thrive at Brightline if you have:
- A passion for our mission to redefine behavioral health for children and their families
- 10+ years of post-licensure clinical experience, with expertise in child-focused CBT, interdisciplinary clinical intervention with pediatric populations, and family-based intervention models. Experience administering and interpreting standardized assessment tools a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in building and leading teams, specifically managing teams of therapists. Experience with remote teams a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Excellent skills with learning and using new technologies, and passion for delivery innovative, tech-enabled care
- Ability to build engagement of team with positive culture and drive effective results
- The drive to be part of building something new – to work hard, to move quickly, to be your best self and to adapt to the constant change and evolution of a start-up.
- A PhD or PsyD in clinical psychology with an active clinical license is required
The Brightline team is headquartered in the SF Bay Area with a preference for local hires, although this is a remote position and the right fit is deemed most important.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.