HireArt is looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to help us take projects from idea to reality.
We’re an end-to-end contingent employment platform with the goal of enhancing the employment experience by making sure the complex administrative aspects of employment don’t get in the way.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you’ll take a human-centered approach to development: finding relatable, new ways to use technology, helping others work within technical limits, and building user experiences that improve a significant aspect of people’s lives: employment.
Here are a few things you’ll be doing:
- Crafting user interfaces for complex digital products, and some landing pages.
- Collaborating with our infrastructure engineering team and product design team to build out our atomic product design system.
- Ensuring the product is consistent across the entire platform, including icons, components, interactions, and other user interface elements.
- Pushing the bar for front end quality and excellence.
- Have 5+ years of professional programming experience
- Have 3+ years of professional experience as a front end engineer building responsive interfaces, working with different kinds of user events, manipulating UI elements, and applying animations/transitions.
- Good hands-on experience with modern frameworks, ideally with React.
- Experience building various front end applications (i.e., web and mobile), with an understanding of how interfaces render on different sizes of screens.
- Experience building atomic design systems from the ground-up, or contributing to existing systems.
- Experience building user interfaces from Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or other design tools.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and creating proof-of-concept demos.
- Openness to new ideas, an eye for detail, and a desire to work with designers and engineers on the team.
- A love for cross-functional collaboration and transparent communication.
- Knowledge of best practices in areas like accessibility and security, including experience building according to WCAG AA guidelines.
- Links to any public git repos, open-source contributions, or apps/websites you’d like to share.
Cherries on top
- Full-stack skills, like working with databases.
- Experience with complex scenarios, like content management.
- Experience being a part of an agile development team.
Compensation: We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is made up of a target base salary range of $160,000 – $200,000, equity, and a full benefits package that includes:
- 100% employer covered insurance premiums Health, Dental, and Vision insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- Life and disability insurance
- Work-from-home stipends, including
- Workspace/home office set up
- Company supplied Apple laptop
- Phone/Internet service
- Unlimited PTO and paid holidays