We are seeking an HR Coordinator who is passionate about building a world-class people function supporting a completely distributed global workforce. You will support many key areas for our team while also having the flexibility in your role to work on many career-building projects. Come join a fantastic team as we reimagine work at a growing, dynamic company.
- You get things done
- You are hungry to learn and are naturally curious
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and a fast paced environment
- You are detail oriented. You have exceptional note taking abilities. Master of organization
- You are an exceptional communicator
- You work asynchronously with coworkers. You use internal meetings strategically
- You understand tech, are familiar with the latest web technologies and software
- You understand startups are chaotic and you kind of like it. You are able to navigate, reign in, and thrive in the chaos
In this role you will…
- Act as bridge between recruitment and operations during the contract signing and onboarding process of new team members
- Initiate the process with our accounting team to open or close down in states when appropriate as part of onboarding and off-boarding team members
- Assist in maintaining team member information, making system changes, troubleshooting and completing frequent audits to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Support the People Operations Manager with planning and execution of team member experiences such as virtual and in-person retreats, social activities, and other company events
- Assist in tracking paid time off for international team members and manage reminders for company holidays
- Manage the ordering of equipment, team member gifts and company swag
- Answer day-to-day team member questions for a global population of 90+
- Provide generalist support to assist with new programs and projects
- Track and manage People Operations activities and initiatives
- Document processes, announcements and other important information in our company wiki
- Keep up-to-date with new technological trends and products, helping our team to consistently improve the team member experience
- 1-2 years HR (or similar) experience required
- A true generalist spirit, willing to pitch in wherever help is needed on the people team
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a passion for thinking creatively and continuous improvement
- A self-starter attitude, an affinity for problem solving, and be a highly organized task master
- Access to high speed internet
Nice to Have…
- Experience supporting a multi-state, global organization
- Event planning experience (virtual and/or in person)
- PEO/HRIS implementation experience
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class