Are you ready to take on a new opportunity in the rapidly changing AI and automation space?
Automation Hero – a high-growth start-up with offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and a distributed team around the globe – helps organizations process documents faster than ever with the most powerful and complete intelligent document processing platform. We grew significantly last year – and as we continue to expand, we would love you to grow with us!
Get ready for a fast-moving, fluid start-up environment where you get to make an impact from day one. The ideal candidate should be good at working independently towards a common goal and thrive in an environment with plenty of big-picture direction, cross-team collaboration, and very little micromanagement.
We are seeking an extremely organized individual who can perform within the complexity of a growing, international organization. Work remotely, support employees all over the world and keep our virtual “filing cabinets” and employee resources in order for the well-being and security of our workforce.
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of our People department serving our global workforce including administering pay, benefits, and leave, communicating and enforcing company policies and practices. You will report directly to the Head of People and will have an excellent opportunity for career growth over time!
What we offer
- An opportunity in one of the fastest growing and most innovative markets worldwide
- Flat hierarchy, fast thinking, open communication and great team spirit
- Talented, multicultural colleagues representing 20+ countries
- “Never stop learning”- model with our own comprehensive e-learning platform
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Oversee and implement appropriate steps to scale our HR department’s efficiency with the pace of our growing start up company e.g. implementing an HRIS system
- Communicate with international employers of record to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Conduct or acquire background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- May implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- May attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- May be involved in recruiting, interviewing, and facilitating the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborating with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- At least one year of human resource experience required.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- HR certificate from professional organization a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Proficiency in German language is a big plus.
- Self-motivated; action-oriented, results-driven
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and learn on the fly
- Lifelong learning attitude and perseverance
- Strong work ethic, values, integrity and trust
-Competitive salary, stock options, and retirement plan
-Paid time off (vacation, sick & public holidays), family and parental leave
-Flexible working hours
-Annual learning & development budget for external training to develop your skills
-Access to our e-learning platform and participate in our various in-house training
Please note: Benefit programs vary by country of residency, are subject to eligibility requirements, and may be modified from time to time. Ask HR for more details about benefits in your region.
As a start-up making cutting-edge AI technology, we have big aspirations. We’re a team of smart, resourceful people dedicated to empowering each other and our customers by building AI technology that will make a difference in the way people work.
We help organizations process any type of document faster than ever with the most powerful and complete intelligent document processing platform. We offer the easiest-to-use and most accurate AI in the industry so companies can instead focus on accelerating business.
We’ve already seen significant interest and traction across multiple industries and only expect this to increase as we grow.
We’re bringing our success in the field of big data analytics and industry experience to this new market. Automation Hero was created by the founding team of Datameer, the award-winning market front-runner in big data business intelligence that is used by companies such as Citibank, Visa, Barclays, Sprint, Deutsche Telekom and Dell (among others). Datameer was built from the ground up, raised more than $100M in VC funding and doubled revenue six years in a row, not to mention secured a place in Gartner’s BI and Analytic Magic Quadrant within the first five years.
We love working with and encouraging each other to bring the best product to market. Join us now and help make a direct impact on a game-changing product in a cutting-edge industry.
Automation Hero is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We are committed to respecting the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Automation Hero does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Automation Hero will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Automation Hero.
Automation Hero, Inc. has published a GDPR Privacy Notice for Recruitment regarding the processing of personal data for recruitment purposes for its subsidiaries in the European Union which is accessible under https://automationhero.ai/privacy-policy.