$60k – $80k • No equity
Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media company. We’re most well known for our editorial news site, network of podcasts, and global conference series.
We are currently expanding our team and are looking for a Human Resources professional to support the continued growth of our business.
As HR Generalist at Blockworks, you will be responsible for managing the recruitment and hiring process, new employee onboarding, employee benefits and general HR policies and procedures.
We are looking for someone with HR experience who is detail-oriented, able to work quickly and independently and communicate effectively across the organization.
We are based in New York and prefer candidates on the East Coast, but this role is remote-friendly.
You’re an experienced HR professional. You have a solid understanding of HR processes and know how to recruit and retain top talent.
You are a strong communicator able to share your ideas both in writing and verbally.
In your role, you will:
- Manage the recruitment process from start to finish
- Be the point of contact for new employee onboarding (including equipment needs, software setup, etc)
- Oversee the administration of employee benefits
- Create and maintain HR policies and procedures as necessary for a growing organization
- Be responsible for administering the quarterly performance review process
- Make recommendations for policies and activities to enhance and improve the company culture, to motivate and retain existing employees as well as to attract new employees.
- Communicate within the company and other parties via email, video calls and in-person
- At least 2-3 years of experience in an HR administrative capacity
- Desire to be part of an inclusive, diverse and innovative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very detail-oriented and organized
- Experience working with HR software tools (ATS, HRIS, etc.)
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Remote work-station stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
What We Need From You
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please send your resume to email@example.com with your name + HR Generalist in the subject line.
We encourage applications from candidates who have succeeded in a startup environment and we welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, with experience outside of journalism.
We’re also open to candidates with different levels of experience.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org